Specialized in neuroscience-based mental health research, focusing on Anxiety Disorders, Major Depressive Disorder and Addictions research. Academic interests include holistic data-centric approaches to lifestyle change, as well as diagnostic criterion, treatment outcomes, and prognostic and risk factors for mental disorders.
Academic achievements have included:
- First place winner for research-design competition regarding student mindset and educational outcomes
- First place winner for MacEngaged competition developing and implementing a neurobiology-based educational workshop for grade 5 students
- First place winner for developing and implementing a relapse prevention tool for alcohol addiction at Womankind Addictions Services (St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton umbrella
Passionate about innovation and leadership, interdisciplinary problem-solving, and social entrepreneurship.
Co-founded LiFESCAPE, a start-up tracking technology that analyzes relationships between lifestyle factors, delivers individualized actionable insights, and promotes positive behavioural change.
- Client at The Forge Incubator
- Client at Innovation Park
- Finalist in McMaster Interdisciplinary Health Idea Competition
In my spare time I love reading non-fiction, listening to podcasts, healthy cooking, creative projects, and doing yoga!
Recent reads I would recommend: Lean In, Zero to One, The Upstarts, The Originals, Utopia for Realists, Smarter Faster Better; The Transformative Power of Real Productivity