JOB TITLE: Digital Solutions Analyst
LOCATION: Head Office (Mississauga)
POSITION OPENINGS: 1
Reporting to the Director, Solutions Development, the Digital Solutions Analyst role is to support the digital solution strategy by identifying technology and solutions development trends, gather complex technical requirements across multiple business and technical stakeholders and external partners; against which you will establish detailed design guidance, including definition of delivery tasks, supporting project estimation & planning.
This role will require collaboration across teams to implement the digital solution strategy in alignment with WSPS's overall strategic and market plans. In addition, the Digital Solutions Analyst will work together with Portfolio Leads, internal and external customers to identify solution options to keep pace with technology and development trends.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year
STRATEGIC PLANNING (45%)
- Lead the development of the digital solution strategy, aligned to WSPS's overall strategic plan, to support transfer of leading edge health and safety knowledge to the customer using various formats and technology
- Asses digital solution trends to provide recommendations to capitalize on opportunities for clients
- Analyze innovative ideas and technologies to support pre-project ideation and project scoping
- Conduct environmental scanning, research, and collect customer insights, in collaboration with Portfolio leads, Business and Market research analysts to determine future trends for WSPS to consider
- Collaborate with functional areas to establish key performance indicators/metrics and reports for digital solutions, and develop strategies to support the achievement of corporate targets
- Research emerging digital solutions, practices and technology and develop long-range planning for our digital solutions roadmap, including evaluating new systems and methodologies to keep WSPS current
- Facilitate requirements gathering, with both internal and external stakeholder/customer groups, and translates this into RFPs to establish relationships with vendors
- Develop agreements to partner or hire third party vendors for solutions or platforms, and makes recommendations related to licencing, acquiring IP or exclusivity agreements
- Collaborate across the organization for acceptance/experience testing, quality assurance, and ensure feedback is actioned prior to customer launch
- Make recommendations on new digital solution pricing based on competitor scans, existing solutions/services and consultation with WSPS teams
- Provide guidance and develop materials, in collaboration with project or product launch team, to ensure users, administrators, and other users have the support required for implementation prior to product launch
- Work closely with the Manager of Business Systems to identify integration needs between business systems and digital platforms/models
- Collaborate in the RFP and competitive procurement process and requirements gathering to ensure WSPS keeps pace with technology and platforms that will meet customer needs (i.e. currency of LMS) and deliver an exemplary customer experience
RISK MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Identify and flag potential project risks and proactively identify solutions to mitigate risks
- Help to resolve critical, high impact issues and risks when they are escalated from the customer and/or stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and procedures (e.g., IT, Finance and HR policies, signoff, approval procedures)
CONTRIBUTES TO HEALTHY AND SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT (at all times)
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS Managed system approach (Plan, Do, Act, Check, Continuous Improvement Cycle)
- Accountable for ensuring staff adheres to WSPS Quality Management system (policies, processes and procedures) and WSPS health, safety and wellness practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in either Business, e-Commerce, e-Business, computer Science, Marketing, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and technical experience
- 3-5 years' experience IT/IS experience
- Previous experience developing and implementing successful online and digital marketing strategies is expected
- In depth use of various online market and sales tools
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and meeting business requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of web technologies and software development
- Possess solid math skills
- Excellent understanding of IT/Web infrastructure, communications, marketing, and customer service principles
- Hands-on experience with software design practices, relational databases, and data-driven Web applications.
- Thorough knowledge of human-to-computer interaction and graphical user interface design.
- Excellent understanding of Change and Release management procedures
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software including Internet Explorer, Word and Excel
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Ontario's Driver License
- Access to a vehicle that meets MTO safety standards
- On occasion this position is required to work after hours to manage the completion of projects.
Deadline for Application: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 @ 4pm
Complete application will include: Cover letter & Resume referencing the job title in the subject line
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time