580 Secretariat Court, Mississauga, Ontario, L5S 2A5
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
Weston Foods is seeking a Foodservice Sales Representative to fill a 12-month Contract. The Foodservice Sales Rep. will be responsible for building sales within new and existing foodservice fresh customers. The Foodservice Sales Rep will work directly with Chefs, purchasers, restaurant owners, food and beverage managers, and distributor reps. They will be responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating activities to expand our ACE Bakery fresh sales within the GTA.
- Develop the GTA foodservice market with a focus on new and existing customers in both fresh and frozen business segments
- Ability to build relationships with customers, identify customer needs, and follow up in a timely fashion
- Use market and product knowledge to source and develop new accounts through active prospecting, referrals, leads, and cold calling
- Focus efforts on developing business with high volume or high notoriety accounts within the fresh segment
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of all Weston Foods products and programs, as well as an awareness and understanding of the competition
- Monitor the quality of our products to ensure customers are trained in the handling and care of their bread
- Recognize branded promotional opportunities and recommend events/activities that could benefit Weston
- Communicate regularly with the Key Account Manager on trends, opportunities, and issues
- Participate in food events and food shows throughout the year
- Provide strategic input for both the foodservice department and the broader organization
- Process all paperwork accurately and on time (Salesforce, new customer setups etc.)
- 1-3 years of progressive sales experience, preferably experience working with foodservice accounts and distributors
- Post-Secondary education with a focus on Business, Economics or Marketing Culinary. Restaurant experience would be an asset
- Outstanding customer service, presentation, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader team Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Strong planning, analytical, and organizational skills
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evening shifts, occasional overnight travel required.
- Required to follow food and safety standards at all times
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Weston s'engage à promouvoir un environnement de travail avec des valeurs fortes qui favorisent la diversité à travers divers politiques, programmes et activités qui encouragent la sensibilité et les accommodements. Weston offre du travail sans égard à l’ethnie, la couleur de la peau, le sexe, l’origine, la religion, l’âge, le handicap ou l’orientation sexuelle. La diversité est une partie intégrante de notre succès en tant qu’entreprise et nous allons utiliser la diversité comme modèle pour aider à identifier et à développer les meilleurs talents, pour créer des équipes efficaces et pour atteindre une excellence globale. En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Number of openings:
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.