Employment Type: F ull time
City: Calgary, AB (YYC)
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
Overview of role:
WestJet has been and will be significantly expanding its global network and the size of its business. As WestJet becomes more complex and challenging, we are seeking a marketing advisor of brand to join our Commercial office. This individual can exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment. Our brand is one of our most valued assets, and therefore requires great focus, care and attention, ensuring its effective advancement and consistent delivery across all guess-facing touchpoints, as well as internally across the organization. The Advisor, Brand is responsible for the successful delivery of all brand initiatives that support our broader marketing and business objectives.
As a guardian of WestJet’s global brand, this role works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to ensure its effective and consistent delivery. Responsible for establishing and driving company-wide brand education and execution, this includes acting as the primary point of contact, providing assessments, recommendations, support and approvals of other business unit work throughout WestJet.
Key deliverables include:
Guidance & Governance
- Responsible for stewardship, maintenance and advancement of the brand guidelines and brand architecture, providing recommendations, updating templates and design mandates to ensure consistent brand image and tone are used in all communications.
- Build brand affinity and consideration through amplification, shared moments and internal adoption.
- Provide strategic creative direction and recommendations on brand communications and earned/owned/paid media for all relevant mediums while ensuring brand consistency is maintained.
- Work collaboratively and build strong relationships with multiple teams within Commercial and the broader organization (Operations/Guest Experience, People and Culture). Coordinate with cross-functional internal marketing groups to ensure brand and messaging alignment for all communications projects and strategies.
- Develop an internal onboarding strategy and implementation plan to support WestJet brand objectives and consistency across the organization.
- Manage day to day marketing relationship, launch and sustain initiatives and brand alignment with WestJet’s airline and strategic partnerships.
Campaign and Messaging Management
- Manage WestJet’s always-on brand messaging and tactics.
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives and communication plans to support brand and product campaigns , including managing campaign budgets (production and media) with internal and external agency partners, establishing strategic creative and business direction, strategic brief development, concept review design and development, media plan review, evaluation, development, and production of assets and trafficking implementation, organizational integration and review of performance analytics and optimization.
- Manage day to day relationships with external creative agency and media partners on brand-led initiatives, holding them accountable on strategic delivery and ensuring delivery of integrated, multi-channel, digitally led campaigns, driving high engagement, performance and results.
- Communicate brand awareness plans and programs to senior management and across the organization; evangelize a brand-led approach within the organization.
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree in marketing or communications, or equivalent experience (5+ years) in marketing and/or advertising.
- Minimum 5 years leading brand and/or marketing initiatives or agency experience.
- Demonstrated success in consumer-centric brand strategies, including product launches and execution of sales and marketing efforts.
- Experience planning and executing large scale campaigns across multiple mediums including TV broadcast, still photoshoots, experiential, social, digital and OOH is essential.
- Strong understanding of and experience in working within the current media landscape.
- Proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners and customers.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines in a highly reactive, competitive environment.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Solid understanding and experience in managing external agencies (creative and media), partners and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship management skills, with the ability to bridge communication between Marketing and internal/external stakeholders.
- Team player with high standard of initiative and strong work ethic.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
Awards and Recognition
WestJetters aren't the only ones that think WestJet is a great place to land. We’ve received awards distinguishing our work environment, culture, and more.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit westjet.com.