Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
JOB SCOPE: The role of Project Engineer will be a technical resource with the key responsibility of ensuring data analysis service quality, excellent service delivery through immediate data quality control (QC). He or she will be called upon to process all PVT measurements, assess accuracy of chromatography measurements, develop EOS models He or she will assist in developing and executing the scope of fluid analysis projects according to agreed schedules and deadlines in support of the department initiatives and business goals, participate in laboratory pre-job meetings and laboratory post job reviews. He or she will perform various other duties, projects and activities as assigned by the team lead, supervisor or manager within the physical constraints of the job.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the initiation and coordination of fluid phase behaviour (PVT) projects through the life cycle of the analytical project program
- Responsible for meeting the fluid analysis project time lines as defined in the SOW
- Conduct quality control check and data processing of all PVT lab measurements as generated
- Conduct quality control check and data processing of all gas and liquid chromatography measurement
- Generate PVT report in standard Weatherford reporting formats
- Liaise with the Lead Engineer and Lab Supervisor to ensure monthly project targets are initiated and achieved
- Will access necessary resources and coordinate the efforts of other team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan
- Aid in the coordination of analytical procedures and facilitate project execution across the laboratory departments and other facilities
- Initiate laboratory pre-job meetings to review SOW plans and project objectives to lab staff
- Assist with finalizing projects via completion of technical final project process
- Comply with Weatherford Training and requirements via Employee Connect.
- Able to learn the technical intricacies of the business and an internal management tool program system
- Able to learn and comply with all safety rules and company policies
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties, projects and activities as assigned by management within the physical constraints of the job.
- Will work well individually and with other team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for exercising independent judgment, decision making
- and the ability to manage a work load efficiently.
- Computer operation skills.
- Thorough knowledge and competence with petroleum phase behavior
- Hands on PVT & Compositional laboratory measurement and data
- processing experience
- Degree in Petroleum/Chemical Engineering or other Sciences.
- Related work experience and knowledge within the industry.
- Petroleum or Chemical Engineering Degree with industry related work
- Experience: 1-5 years Oil & Gas field or operational experience, ideally with a minimum of 3 years Laboratory SCAL or PVT experience
- Mechanical ability and trades related experience
- Ability to lift 20-30lbs consistently
- Valid Driver's license with a clean driver abstract
- Please note: This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol Test.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.