The part-time Bookkeeper will be headquartered at Spectrafem and provide direct services to the company and shared services to VIVA EVE and Forest Hills Medical Services.This role requires onsite presence in Forest Hills, NY.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for regular accounts payable management, including tracking and entering invoices, requesting, receiving, and tracking approvals, generating payments, and making the corresponding QuickBooks entries for all transactions. There will be limited accounts receivable at first, and the candidate will be expected to assist with financial reporting tasks (through Quickbooks) to support business objectives.
The Bookkeeper will also provide backup support on HR administrative tasks (primarily filing, collection of records, and completion of forms).
The PT bookkeeper will document and formalize office standard operating procedures (SOPs) based on internal guidance from the leadership team and outside guidance from legal and payroll for accounting functions. The candidate will be expected to implement those SOPs so as to complete, file, maintain, update, and inspect those records.
* Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions by undertaking day-to-day activities in accounts payable, accounts receivable , cash disbursements, inbound invoices, expense reimbursement, patient credits and collections, payroll, inventory controls, and fixed asset records.
* Record financial transactions in QuickBooks.
* Reconcile bank account every month, and perform periodic reconciliation of all accounts.
* Conduct periodic physical inventory.
* Develop, issue, and improve timely monthly financial reports for the executive team.
* Maintain the annual budget.
* Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
* Coordinate with outside accountants and other firms on financial matters.
* At the direction of the executive team, develop financial analysis tools to manage company performance.
* Provide reports on an as-needed basis to support financial transactions.
* Facilitate training on financial controls and procedures for A/P and expense reimbursements.
* Assist outside experts in regular compliance reviews such as periodic audits or reviews.
Recruitment, New Hires, Onboarding, and Departures:
* Provide backup support to lead HR person to prepare, complete, and file all required paperwork for new hires as required in NY State
* Provide backup support to file HR records for new hires
* Provide backup support to complete and file all required paperwork for departing employees.
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or business administration. Master's degree or CPA license a plus.
* 2-5 years of related data entry and accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, bookkeeping, and compliance issues.
* Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
* Self-starter, independent, and can perform with minimal guidance.
* Adaptable and quick learner.
* Collaborative and builds relationships with employees, executive team, and external partners.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Approximately 8-12 hours a week.
* Two to Three 1/2 days per week (3 days/week on payroll weeks which is every other week).
* Flexible schedule.