The candidate oversees finance for the site and is responsible for accurate and timely forecasting and financial reporting. The role requires a solid understanding of accounting principles in a multi-national multi-entity environment.
The candidate should be highly performance driven and be passionate about EBITDA maximization, cash maximization, control improvement and risk management. The candidate should act as the trusted business advisor for the Markham site, constantly drive team performance by analytics and create values for the site. This includes working closely with the site general manager on various site performance analysis, initiating actions to drive EBITDA, efficiency and productivity, such as customer margin analysis, labour productivity trend analysis, profitability metrics, and working capital metrics.
Financial Reporting and Compliance:
- Oversee full cycle accounting and month-end process
- Prepare Monthly Financial Package and present monthly Financial results during Monthly Ops Review meetings.
- Review journal entries and manage all accounting activities to ensure compliance with Revenue and expense recognition (GAAP)
- Liaison for periodic bank audits, year-end audit, year-end tax provision compliance, and year-end Canadian tax return filing.
- Manage the financial system and related processes to ensure the system is utilized to standardize, simplify, and streamline the accounting process.
- Supervise finance and accounting staff to ensure:
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Annual goal setting and performance review; provide timely and constructive feedback for continuous improvement
- Monitor permitted reimbursements from clients through the accounts payable process and coordinate payments based on cash flow assessment and customer agreements
- Oversee annual physical inventory count & manage consignment warehouse and inventory liability with customers
- Review and control expenses incurred on behalf of the business such as professional service costs, accounting services, analytical services, etc.
- Assess and monitor customer credit to mitigate risk exposure.
- Track actual capex against the approved budget and maintain fixed asset records
- Identify control issues; implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
Planning, Management and Analysis:
- Participate in weekly ops meeting and perform Weekly Flash Financial reporting for a rolling weekly forecast; improve forecast accuracy and manage costs according to revenue fluctuation
- Update cash flow projection weekly and track actual cash flows against the projection
- Prepare and manage annual Budgeting process:
- Understand Sales projection and perform labour analysis and projection according to production requirement;
- Coordinate with the GM and department heads for expense and Capex planning;
- Review Standard Costs
- Take initiative in driving Inventory and Acquisition activities to balance production and Financial requirements;
- Manage working capital to achieve efficient cash to cash cycle and meet Bank Covenants
- Assist the GM and Director of Operations in analyzing and managing key production finance metrics
- Margin by customer
- Labour (DL/IDL) Costing and headcount by department
- SGA Costing
- Provide support to other departments and resolve issues
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Self starter, a team player, excellent communication skills and able to handle multiple tasks smoothly
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting role within a manufacturing environment; electronics manufacturing/electronics contract manufacturing is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience managing direct reports within the finance and accounting function
- 3-5 years in a position equivalent to a controller level
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Finance from a well-recognized university.
- C.P.A, or C.G.A. designation is required
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 10 years (Required)
- MS Office: 10 years (Preferred)
- controller: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)