Vend's mission is simple:
To create remarkable retail life. We help our retailers build thriving businesses, live more fulfilling lives and create experiences that people love. And as we do, we encourage the diversity that makes communities unique.
We have over 240 talented people across Auckland, Toronto, London and Melbourne working to delight approximately 20,000 awesome retailers worldwide who are running successful retail operations in their communities and online.
And we are growing.... Vend is looking for a Customer Success Manager to join the North American Customer Success Team team. We're expanding our team in 2019 and will be building a pipeline over the next 6 months to plan for our growth! We're on the lookout for someone who is keen to work for an amazing company with one of a kind culture and jump into the next stage of their career!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This role is an integral part of delivering our professional services packages and working with retailers to get set up and selling with Vend. You will play a critical role to the customer journey because a Customer Success Manager ultimately ensures new Vend retailers get off on the right foot! In this role, you'll be expected to ensure all retailers in your portfolio experience a successful onboarding and launch, and work to define success criteria with them as they grow. Looking at key drivers of their engagement like portfolio MRR, expansion opportunities, NPS and customer health - you'll be primed with all the tools you need to get in there and maximize product adoption and retention. You are no doubt a retail guru, so you'll be able to understand their business goals, align them to their growth plan and give them strategic advice and best practice recommendations.
A day in the life of a Customer Success Manager:
- Working with new Vend retailers on their account implementation and setting milestones for a successful onboarding and continued growth plan - your project management skills are on point these days
- Crafting up customized Quarterly Business Reviews and then knocking them out of the park!
- Discovering what success means to your retailers and helping to execute
- Living and breathing in Excel; yup, your ninja-like spreadsheet skills will come in real handy!
- Sharing your extensive retail knowledge and awareness of best practices to help retailers grow their businesses using Vend
- Conduct pre-sale scope calls to determine retailer's requirements and set-up needs
- Kick-off all Services engagements through establishing success criteria with retailers, and own each leg of the implementation journey - right up to the go-live date
- Assist with legacy POS migration and Vend POS setup as described in the purchased services package
- Deliver product training sessions during a retailer's onboarding, over and above the initial set-up, if required
- Collaborate with Sales and Technical Support teams, ensuring expectations are set and realistic across all functions - and feedback from our retailers makes its way back to the product team consistently
Does this sound like you?
- 1-2 years in an Account Management role or a Customer Success role
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Additional points if you've worked in the retail industry and understand what a day in the life of a retailer is. You know what it's like on both sides of the fence and ultimately you understand customer's needs because you've served them before.
- Your background and experience in Customer Success make you a great candidate, but it's your exposure to training and professional services environments that make you stand-out from the rest
- You have the ability to manage and coordinate large amounts of data and information, your analytical headspace makes you a solution oriented thinker and doer
- Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strongest attributes. You have a knack for knowing how to share knowledge in a way that people want to listen to you
- You've got an entrepreneurial mindset and a self-starter attitude. There's a solid amount of freedom to go about your day as you see fit, so you'll need to be able to initiate action by jumping in and making things happen!
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
Obviously, we're looking to ensure it's a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you're proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world, feel free to check out the #LifeAtVend and #WeWorkAtVend hashtag on Instagram and see all our fun times.
Now that you're done reading, apply already!
- Our mission is to create remarkable retail life, and we aspire to be a remarkable company: a global leader transforming an industry, while genuinely doing the right thing for our retailers and our people. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Vend. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know*.