Unisource Solutions, Inc. is one of California's leading dealers of commercial office furniture. Our company is recognized as a Haworth Preferred Dealer and has been so for over 15 years. For our clients, this means that we as a company have consistently achieved a high level of customer satisfaction serving a diverse clientele. In particular, our designers help clients design office spaces that will meet their evolving workspace needs.
In order for us to maintain and exceed our already high performance in a complex and evolving industry, we constantly strive to recruit the best. If you are looking for a chance to learn, grow, and to nurture your career with a company that is a market leader in its field, look no further than Unisource Solutions.
JOB PURPOSE: This position is a full-time contract position where you will design and create furniture plans, 3D renderings, and specifications for contract furniture.
- Responsible only for medium-sized projects.
- Review assigned DSR requests with design director & client contact personnel (AM / PM) and acquire any details that are not clear or understood.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Project Matrix. Produce accurate drawings of AutoCAD, space planning, conceptual drawings, renderings and product application. Put together budgetary pricing as well as order ready specs. Will work with Senior Designer to double-check one's own work.
- Generate accurate specifications for approved plan by having complete knowledge of specification including fabric/finishes based on finish schedule provided by Account Manager.
- Plot installation drawings for upcoming jobs, notifying Account/Project Manager and asking for any additional information not previously given. Submit installation drawings one week prior to installation.
- Create accurate as built drawings per site visit. Maintain and update as built drawings from markups received back from Account/ Project Manager. Notify Account/Project Manager via email or in person of complete/dated as-built drawings.
- Manage project folder with current up to date files, archiving old ones. Follow standard labeling process.
- Create J-box/Data AutoCAD plans in reference to systems furniture.
- Provide alternative design solutions to client.
- Must be capable of self-checks & double checks before submitting for quick review check by Senior Designer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Design or related field preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience in interior office design or related field required.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good knowledge of Canvas.
- Good knowledge of ProjectSpec (sif).
- Good knowledge of ProjectSymbols (cad).
- Good knowledge of Haworth products.
- Good knowledge of office furniture industry.Excellent organization and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding time management skills and proven ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Detail oriented and self-sufficient.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 2 years (Required)