The Tyler appraisal and Tax Division is looking for an experienced, technically skilled, Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team of software testers and automation engineers. As a QA Analyst you would participate in all stages of the software development life cycle to design and execute tests, identify and track defects and complete all necessary tasks that result in the release of high-quality software to Tyler clients. You would also be responsible for understanding the functional requirements of the software, writing test design specifications, manually testing software using multiple test methodologies, participating in the automation of tests, and continuously looking for ways to improve the QA process.
This is an opportunity for self-starting individual with a strong technical skill set and software testing background to make an immediate impact producing agile, data driven test designs covering web and mobile UIs with an opportunity to grow into a QA leadership role.
Work with technology-driven solutions that cover the full spectrum of the land development life cycle, including mass appraisal services, land and official records management, and property tax assessment and administration. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop and deliver solutions that build thriving communities and fundamentally change how local governments operate in the future.
- Conduct thorough and accurate software testing and provide approvals during development sprints, integration, release, regression and patch software development phases
- Design, implement, and execute manual test cases and plans based on product functional specifications, product review and interviews with Product Managers and SME’s.
- Execute black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage
- Participate in agile development projects and ensure stories meet the defined acceptance criteria and pass required testing during each sprint
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system
- Analyze software issues to determine root causes and provide detailed reports or enhancement suggestions to the Development Manager and developers
- Working with our automated testing engineer, create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts
- Remain up-to-date with testing technologies/methodologies, QA industry standards, principles and practices
- Partner with management to enhance quality and process standards to ensure on-time, efficient and high-quality QA results.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or comparable work experience.
- Two or more years’ software quality assurance experience.
- Use of one or more of the following: JIRA, Zephyr,qtest or other leading test case management tools;
- Two or more years’ business analysis, software technical support analysis or comparable work experience.
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices with a proven ability to efficiently write effective test cases that provide in depth coverage of functionality
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving executing on multiple priorities using strong time management skills
- Keen attention to detail. Must be deadline and results oriented.
- Good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team and across functional groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including root cause analysis and sound independent decision making.
- Solid understanding of software project life cycle and associated methodologies.
- Basic experience with databases and a general understanding of SQL and queries.
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development processes
- Exposure to automated test script development using Selenium or similar frameworks a plus.
- Exposure to testing RESTful or SOAP based webservices using POSTMAN, SOAPUI or other leading tools is a plus.