We have an immediate opening for an entry level position of Jr Project Manager. The ideal person is someone who listens, learns and takes action. You must be meticulous with details and enjoy driving projects from beginning to end. We are looking for someone who understands that excellent customer service is key, which includes being proactive to ensure projects are on-time and on-budget. The desire for strong collaboration with our talented team is a must, and although our projects range in complexity, the one common element between them all is a need to have all the details buttoned up and presented clearly and concisely – and that’s where you come in.
For 30 years, Twilight Signs has been on the leading edge of research and development of new products for our customers across Canada and the US. Located in Bolton, Ontario, Twilight offers an environment where employees focus on positive outcomes and support growth and personal development. Twilight is committed to developing our staff and offers an excellent benefits package for employees.
Your responsibilities as a Jr. Project Manager include the following and probably a few more:
- Coordinate assigned projects, accepting accountability for overall quality, timeliness of deliverables, and job cost.
- Assist and support other project managers in the department when required
- Identify Project criteria through discussion with Sales & Clients.
- Coordinate and manage progress of projects
- Assess project completion deadlines to determine required permit deadlines and necessary application deadlines.
- Determine appropriate information requirements to be provided to each municipality for sign installation approval
- Develop and maintain relationships with municipalities.
- Prepare and/or acquire all necessary documentation required
- Responsible for identifying risks and anomalies for each project
- Provide status of project to clients on a weekly basis
- Create and update procedures on tasks relating to the duties of this position as requested.
- 1-2 years of work experience in project coordination
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma (PMP certification an asset)
- Experience with ERP system (we use Epicor and will train)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience in construction or manufacturing an asset
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting experience an asset
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings/blueprints
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with general contractors, colleagues, developers, and other internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively represent the company and communicate with others at varying technical levels.