Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the Company’s financial statements are closed accurately and efficiently. In addition, the Staff Accountant will help ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Reconciling account balances and bank statements
- Completing month-end close procedures
- Producing error-free accounting reports
- Preparing general ledger entries and maintaining required supporting documentation
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assisting with external financial statement audits
- Assisting with tax audits and tax returns
- Spotting errors and suggesting ways to improve efficiency
- Reviewing and recommending modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Protecting confidential data
- Collaborating with various teams including Operations, Procurement, A/R, A/P, Banking, and FP&A
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or relevant business field)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial statements
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- CPA is preferred
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.