As a Growth Product Manager, SEO, you will work in Toptal's Growth team. You will specifically own the very top of our funnel, increasing quantity and quality of client prospect traffic to our website, toptal.com.
You will work closely with all parts of the growth team - SEO, paid media, analytics and vertical managers - as well as design and engineering teams, to conceive and execute growth initiatives and new product tests. In any given week, you may be working with the SEO and engineering teams to implement a new set of landing pages, executing SEO-driven tests on the Toptal site, or performing deep analysis on CTR user behavior from AB test results on SERPs.
The role would suit someone with at least 2 years of product management experience growing high-quality traffic for inbound-focused companies.
* Ultimately, success is growing quantity and quality of the traffic to our site.
* Working closely with the Director of SEO, Director of Paid Media, and the wider Growth team, to help execute on the company's strategic initiatives with the engineering and design teams.
* Owning initiatives and independent user stories: being the person driving the initiative forward, executing and validating the impact of the initiative once released.
* Performing analysis to determine the viability of new initiatives, as well as post-implementation success measurement on released initiatives.
* Writing clear and comprehensive user stories for the engineering team, and ensuring work meets specifications.
* Using our analytics tools to dive into user behavior to find issues and opportunities which can be translated into a new initiative.
* Effectively use data and analytics to support strategic and tactical initiatives and the creation of the product roadmap.
* Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
In the first week you will:
* Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet with the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
* Work closely with the Growth Product Management team to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, product and business operations.
* Work closely with the SEO team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
* Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & product suite.
In the first month you will:
* Take ownership of independent stories and driving them to execution with the teams, validating they are delivered accurately, and measuring success.
* Work with the Growth Product Management team on the execution side of larger initiatives, ensuring designs meet requirements, and user stories are well defined and are delivered to specification.
* Start attending the relevant agile rituals such as planning, daily standups, and retros.
* Begin to dive into user behavior using our analytics tools and platforms to provide insight into the Growth team and Growth Product Management sub-team to inform the product roadmap.
In the first three months you will:
* Start to take ownership of strategic initiatives and driving them forward with the relevant stakeholders, coordinating design, engineering, and content where required.
* Contribute ideas for new experiments and initiatives for the product roadmap, focusing on business value.
* Continue to support the Growth team and the Growth Product Management sub-team on execution, validation, and success measurement of all initiatives.
In the first six months you will:
* Be able to demonstrate a clear measure of your impact through your ideas for new tests, and execution excellence.
In the first year you will:
* Drive significant impact on traffic-oriented projects that leverage cutting-edge technology and the latest thinking in growth-hacking and SEO.
* Scale your team and function, which could involve the hiring of associate product managers to support you to scale.
* Obsession for quality: Toptal has a very high bar for quality and so should you.
* Passion for growth: you love to read about SEO and growth hacking in general. If you call yourself a growth-nerd, extra points.
* Exceptional eye for detail: You will be responsible for writing user stories and ensuring what is developed meets spec. Therefore, you will care about the tiny details and be able to spot them.
* Proactive: this is a remote position which requires self-starters. No-one will monitor if you're working but you will be expected to consistently contribute value and deliver on assignments.
* Autonomous: you will have support and direction, but you will also be able to know how to self-manage your own time, prioritizing the projects you have and knowing when to seek clarity on what is most important or urgent.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are a remote company so this goes without saying.
* Demonstrated interest in product management: you can talk us through a number of philosophies ...