Are you looking for the next step in your career as an occupational therapist?
Are you compassionate, creative and flexible?
Are you passionate about bringing the best service to your clients while being part of a strong multidisciplinary team?
Are you well organized, have excellent interpersonal skills and have at least 6 months experience working with children ages 2-18 years with differing abilities?
If so, we would love to talk with you about how you may fit with the progressive vision at To the Stars Wellness Centre.
Our team culture is built on innovation, creativity and fun. We want our team members to be able to explore new ideas while feeling supported personally and professionally. Experience and training in pediatrics, mental health, trauma informed practice and sensory processing would be a definite asset.
Our office is located in Lacombe AB. We provide home and school based services throughout Central Alberta. To the Stars Wellness Centre is a progressive, growing company with a commitment to provide creative and effective services to children and families.
This position would offer:
- A strong and experienced team to collaborate with. We currently provide occupational therapy and psychology services through the centre.
- Competitive wages
- Extended health care and benefits
- Professional development support
- A strong working relationship with other private and publicly funded programs in our area
- Some flexibility in your work schedule
- The ability to take your practice to the next level by facilitating groups and offering workshops to schools and parents.
- Assessment and occupational therapy consultation to schools from prekindergarten through to grade 12
- Provision of occupational therapy services as part of a specialized services team through FSCD
- Provision of clinic based consultation and direct therapy to children, teens and families.
- Assessment, treatment and consultation services to children within the centre in a family focused approach
- Travel to schools and homes within Central Alberta
- Planning and facilitation of inclusive children’s wellness programs
- Provision of online services for direct therapy, consultation and course development
- Documentation and maintenance of client care records and statistics
- Planning and facilitation of parent and professional workshops and training
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (Bachelors or Masters)
- Registered and in good standing with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Ability to work some evenings