Datalinx is responsible for three core capabilities and functions at an enterprise level. The group is responsible to implement and oversee a cohesive TMX enterprise approach to innovative technology and data driven solutions. The purpose is to create a richer client experience across the capital markets community by providing ready access to data and analytics products. Datalinx works in collaboration across all TMX business areas to develop and deliver solutions and strategies that benefit the organization at large. The three components of the Datalinx business include:
Product Development: This includes solutions delivered by TMX directly, in partnership with others, or via external platforms
Platform Strategy and Management: TMX will bring products and channels together to create an interactive client community that will serve to inform and inspire new effective solutions
Insights & Analytics: The design, creation and delivery of new data-driven solutions and capabilities across our entire business.
The Director, Product Management is responsible for leading the product management function for all TMX Datalinx products and solutions. The successful candidate will lead a team of approximately five (5) Product Managers each focused on a different set of product(s). He or she will manage a P&L to direct and grow revenue and profitability of the TMX Datalinx product suite.
The Product Management function is responsible ideating, developing and growing revenue for all TMX Datalinx products. This includes identifying the global addressable market, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, leading a seamless development process across stakeholders, and working closely with technology, sales and marketing in executing delivery. Client targets and channels will include sell side, buy side, data vendors, other marketplaces, and data/trading terminal vendors.
- Be accountable for the maintenance and growth of Datalinx product revenue, including hitting annual revenue targets and other commercial objectives (e.g., market penetration, customer satisfaction)
- Lead and manage a team of 5 Product Managers
- Lead the development of an innovative and client centric pipeline of new products
- Partner effectively with the Datalinx sales team, ensuring a strong connection, communication and execution between product and sales
- Act as the internal and external champion of Datalinx product management, building relationships with internal and external product partners and stakeholders
- Act as a source of expertise and experience on the global competitive marketplace for capital markets data and technology solutions
- Lead and participate on the necessary TMX teams to help design, develop, price and launch successful products
Must have skills
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years product management experience with proven track record of B2B product management (preferably in the area of exchange traded and/or OTC derivative financial products)
- Ideal educational background includes business, mathematics or technology degrees; designations like CFA and MBA are preferred
- Team management experience with a reputation as an impactful people leader
- Securities industry expertise, including trading, technology and related functions and knowledge of how broker/dealers, buy side firms traders, analysts, advisors, retail investors and other industry stakeholders utilize products from TMX
- Ability to build and develop deep relationships with internal stakeholders and external business partners
- Proven skills and experienced in quantitative analysis and/or financial engineering skills in financial products and other asset classes including, but not limited to equity financial products
- Important general skills include attention to detail, effective communication abilities, ability to work well in a team environment, self starter, results oriented, ability to cope with change and ambiguity
- Strong presentation skills, including experience presenting colleagues, management, executive management, clients and partners
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.