We are a Vancouver-based start-up, focused on developing and manufacturing innovative plant-based products. Why not eat plant-based foods when there's no compromise on taste, texture, nutrition or cost? Our goal is to create great experiences for our customers, without any compromises.
We are a small and passionate team, looking for the right people to help us grow, and we currently have a part time opening for a Development Chef to join us at our commissary space in Strathcona.
In this role you would be responsible for the following:
- Taking new product ideas through a full development cycle.
- Testing and building on ideas presented by our food scientist.
- Refining recipes to suite our production flow.
- General recipe testing.
- Sourcing and testing ingredients.
- Creating costings.
- Documenting the development process.
- Continuously developing and improving existing products.
- Training the production team.
- Preparing samples and menus for events or focus groups.
Experience, qualifications, skills and abilities:
- An alignment with our purpose would be a great start!
- An innovative mind and a desire to create incredible plant-based products.
- A strong background in cooking and/or food product development.
- A background in product manufacturing would be a plus.
- An understanding of the plant-based space as well as the ingredients used to create meat analogues.
- A keen eye for detail.
- An ability to work methodically and document processes.
- An ability to take a structured approach to problem solving.
Kindly submit your resume, cover letter and references if you're interested in discussing the role further.
Job Type: Part-time