** This position is on the Finance Team reporting to the Austin office. **
Performs routine (journey-level) work. Supports the departments programs, activities, and projects in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. Works under close supervision, with minimal, limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- Coordinates department projects with direction from department staff, completing projects on time and on budget. For accounting, this includes, but is not limited to:
o Reconciliation of expense reports and accounts payable transactions
o Preparing and assisting with invoices
o Prepaid journal entries
o Running budget reports
o Preparing accrual spreadsheets
o Recording accrual entries
o May assist with proposals
- Handles routine inquiries and requests.
- Interacts with department personnel for advice and guidance, as necessary to complete projects.
- Performs general office duties.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 17 years of age or older. Have a minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 and maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average while employed. Must be enrolled in a four-year accredited institution located in the Austin, Texas area. Must be obtaining an accounting degree and be a sophomore or higher in an accounting degree program.
- 6 months of customer service or accounting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Some Knowledge of
- Applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Applicable systems and applications
- Automated record-keeping methods
- Customer service concepts
- Inventory control procedures
Proficient skill in
- Maintaining effective working relationships with others
- Communicating information effectively
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
Some Skill in
- Customer service/customer relations
- Preparing and maintaining records, files and reports
- Preparing correspondence/documents using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation; proofreading and reviewing documents for clarity and consistency
- The responsibilities associated with administrative and office procedures to include the use of proper business telephone etiquette, internal communication strategies and use of basic office equipment
- The responsibilities associated with administrative practices and procedures to include writing, editing and report writing techniques, record keeping and records management
- The use of basic mathematical fundamentals
- Multitask and meet deadlines
- Exercise logic and reasoning to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Make decisions that support business objectives and goals
- Identify and resolve problems or refer issues appropriately
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Adapt to the needs of internal and external customers
- Show integrity and ethical behavior; respect confidentiality, business ethics and organizational standards
- Assure compliance with regulatory, contractual and accreditation entries
Requires working in an office/cubicle environment; sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting and/or reaching. Requires repetitive movement; ability to lift, carry or move up to 25 lbs. when transporting work equipment or materials. May require ability to operate a motor vehicle; the ability to travel by motor vehicle and commercial airline. May require overnight travel.