More than a career TMF Group is your ticket to the world
Do you want to be part of something big? Part of a movement that's changing the way the world does business?
TMF is looking for a Client Accountant to join our growing team.
This position is responsible for all of the processes surrounding the production and accuracy of financial statements and other financial reports for the client. The position requires the handling of multiple tasks simultaneously, formulating positions on complex accounting issues, adhering to strict time lines and communicating clearly and concisely with clients, colleagues and
Initial responsibility includes recording purchases, purchase invoicing and payment, including personnel expenses, cash management, fixed assets (tangible & intangible).
- Upon mastery of initial responsibility and having developed the knowledge of all processes so that additional staff can be trained and managed, the position entail the following:
- Posting payroll and accruals
- Preparing sales tax returns
- Preparing year-end 1099’s
- Performing reconciliation of monthly accounts,
- Checking the integrity of the Balance Sheet,
- Financial reporting at local/regional/global level ,
- Assist with external auditors
- Assist third party tax preparers with the preparation of tax returns
- Management information reporting (based on the client’s requirements).
- Maintain excellent communication with client at all levels from CFO to
- Department Heads and other Staff
- Develop procedures to enhance internal control over invoice processing and payment
- Maintain contact with auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, notaries and other involved parties in order to obtain the required information for reporting purposes
- Preparing documentation manuals for the procedures used for handling the client
- Eventual specialization in furnishing expertise and guidance (not advice) to clients regarding sales tax and corporate taxation issues
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting
- 3 -5 years relevant working experience in small to mid-size public
accounting firm, with a focus on tax. Experience in a multinational
company in private industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with multinational companies and financial reporting
- Computer literate with experience in any popular ERP system (SAP,
Sun, Dynamics, JD Edwards, Netsuite).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to see the big picture
- “Roll up one’s sleeves” mentality
- Pleasant interpersonal manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.