MEETING & EVENT COORDINATOR
Third-party corporate meeting planning company is looking for a Program Coordinator. This entry-level position is responsible for providing key administrative support to the Program Manager
- Create the program registration/database and oversee all registration components
- Direct contact to all program attendees
- Liaise with hotels to manage rooming lists, tracking pick ups, watching for attrition, managing VIP blocks, sending out reminders and hotel confirmations.
- Work with the travel department to confirm all attendees have correct air options booked
- Create and manage arrival/departure manifests for ground transportation provider.
- Oversee all outside vendors to ensure orders are correct and delivery dates are met.
- When needed, team with the PM to plan evening functions for meetings. This would include researching event venues and booking transportation, entertainment and event decor.
- Supervise the meeting packing process, including printing, preparing supplies and shipping items in an organized, timely fashion.
- Assist onsite managing the registration desk
- Proficiency with Internet, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Strong interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to travel and work outside standard business hours including evenings or weekends when necessary.
This candidate must be enthusiastic, efficient, organized and a self-starter who possess a high degree of initiative. The ability to multi-task on various projects at the same time will ensure a successful fit within the firm's culture.
Please note: We are looking for candidates within the CHICAGOLAND AREA
Job Type: Full-time
- Northbrook, IL (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules