What’s the opportunity?
The Project Manager Associate is an entry-level role within our Project Management discipline and will be responsible for managing multiple projects within a program critical to success of a Customer. A successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or equivalent education or experience.
The Project Management Associate is accountable to gather voice of Customer, build project charters, develop the project plans, facilitate their delivery, resolve issues and escalate appropriately. The PM Associate has a proven track record of delivering projects on time and with the expected quality. The stakeholder matrix for this program is vast, with dozens of stakeholders and SME’s across multiple companies. It is critical that this individual have outstanding organization, communication and change management skills.
What will you be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Manage and/or support multiple projects within a project based delivery model
- Build project plans from voice of Customer and overall business need/direction
- Maintain all project related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements and business cases
- Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables; Escalate quickly as necessary
- Lead change management with all stakeholders – internal and external; Lead without authority and be confident and assertive with a willingness to challenge appropriately
- Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project related activities & requests
Deliver projects successfully, and on time with quality solutions
- Offer solutions for improving our tools and processes
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 0-2 years’ Supply Chain, Project Management, Transportation, and/or Logistics experience preferred
Must be able to present to management levels within the organization
Demonstrated ability to think critically
Strong communication and organizational skills
Ability to organize, design, develop and deliver projects for internal and external audiences at all levels
Ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment; ability to find, inquire about, and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to align and support them
Desire to work in a continuous improvement environment
Knowledge of lean processes and tools such as value stream mapping, A3 project management, visual management, Pareto Analysis and fishbone diagrams
Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and willingness to learn
Contribute to our culture focused on trust and respect for all team members, customer first strategies, and continuous improvement
Experience working directly with customers
Flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint & Project
- Up to 20% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere®, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower® locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Wrocław. This Control Tower® network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran