A Calgary company is confidentially seeking a full-time Web Developer to join our growing team. This role is a key position within our company and we are excited to have a dynamic, engaged person join our team based out of our 17th Ave SW location.
We are seeking a creative and collaborative professional who is eager to learn and dive into client projects. The ideal candidate will have a background as a Word Press web developer and will also ideally have SEO/SEM and marketing automation experience. This person will have graduated with a relevant diploma or degree; and, we will pay close attention to previous work experience - especially experience that showcases tenacity, determination, creativity and innovative thinking.
Aptitudes and Skills:
* Amazing customer service: delivering exceptional customer service is top priority
* Strong communication skills: ability to write and verbally articulate ideas and concepts
* Great work ethic: ability to work with little supervision and focus on what needs to get done
* Solid team player who is able to lead or follow as required: great interpersonal skills and a high EQ
* Troubleshooter or fixer: ability to find a way to make it work
* High degree of curiosity and learning drive: asks questions and wants to understand how things work
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Create and modify WordPress websites for clients, using a wide variety of WordPress themes and plugins
* Adding content via WordPress interface and modifying website styles via theme files
* Editing existing client sites hosted on different platforms (Square Space, Adobe Business Catalyst)
* Create or modify graphic designs used on client websites and other associated materials * Be a digital and website leader for the organization, providing new ideas to take clients to the next level
* Work as a team player - able to meet with clients and share new ideas and solutions
* 3-5 years of experience building, fixing and maintaining websites using WordPress
* Knowledge of SEO/SEM, website optimization as well as marketing automation systems such as HubSpot
* Ability to accurately estimate hours needed to complete a project and stay within scope
* Graphic design experience (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is an asset
* Experience with Adobe Business Catalyst and Square Space is an asset
* Experience working with many clients and competing deadlines is an asset
To apply for this role, please email your resume and a couple of samples of your work.
Job Type: Full-time