Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant is responsible for assisting with general accounting to include preparation and examination of records, financial statements, and other financial reports. The Accountant assists in the development of reports for analyses for business operations and budgets, performs audits and ensures adherence to standard requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain General Ledger
- Prepare monthly journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period
- Distribute monthly reports to appropriate facility personnel
- Maintain the Fixed Assets database
- Assists with audit preparation, including financial audit, 403b audit, and workers compensation audit
- Assists with State and Federal required reporting
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned Balance Sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances
- Perform timely internal compliance audits as directed and maintain ongoing documentation
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in Excel and other data analysis tools
- Ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Ability to gain proficiency in PCHC’s Finance software.
- Strong Multi-tasking and consistent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates respect, dignity, understanding and sensitivity to individual’s concerns.
- Demonstrates professional conduct by appropriate communications, respect and courtesy to individuals.
- Support the Organization’s mission, vision and values as it relates to Customer Satisfaction in all interactions.
- Detail and deadline oriented
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, business administration or related field is preferred.
- One year experience preferred, entry level considered.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to develop and use Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Solomon accounting software, Sage Fixed Assets software, and Adaptive Insights reporting software preferred.