Waterloo Sparkling Water is a BOLD take on the growing sparkling water category, making its mark by focusing on true-to-fruit flavor/aroma and delivering a much richer, more authentic taste.
The Waterloo Sparkling Water Field Marketing Coordinator (FMC) will be tasked with knowing all of the ins-and-outs of their respective market and in turn, use that knowledge to translate Waterloo's overall brand strategy and tactics into results. The FMC will work closely with their respective RFMM and agency partner to drive trial and brand awareness, focusing on key metrics intended to measure growth.
The following list covers in detail the expectations of the role:
- Manage all aspects of sampling program in secondary regional market, including, but not limited to: source local events that attract a similar target demographic to Waterloo, identify high traffic areas that would be ideal for guerilla sampling, engage with local businesses (fitness studios, business campuses, etc.) and provide them with "Loo Love", etc.
- Lead all aspects of event activations in secondary regional market, including, but not limited to: product samplings, product demos, PPG distribution, coupon distribution, etc.
- Nurture relationships with existing retail partners and their management teams within your respective region and ensure product is being stocked/reordered in a timely fashion. Additionally, host in-store samplings/parking lot samplings when allowed by store management.
- Manage all aspects of the event planning process and execution, including, but not limited to: staffing, product delivery/distribution, refrigeration, transportation, supplies, contracts, insurance, permits, inventory tracking and management/driving of the sampling vehicle.
- Provide RFMM with weekly updates of sampling metrics, hours worked, asset status, etc.
- Provide RFMM with a weekly forecast of events, sampling opportunities, and expected hours worked by local FMCs.
- Assist the RFMM in managing the regional event calendar, ensuring events are forecasted at minimum a week in advance.
- Assist the RFMM in overseeing product inventory, including the reordering and storing of product in local storage unit
- Assist the RFMM in maintaining the integrity of program assets, including, but not limited to: branded sampling vehicle, branded coolers, banners/signage, PPG items, etc.
- Physical demands: By nature of the position, the FMC must be comfortable with standing for long periods of time, comfortable with walking for long periods of time, and loading/unloading heavy product (must be able to lift 50 pounds at minimum).
- Driving Ability: The program vehicle is roughly 9' in height and 20' in length. The RFMM will ultimately manage the vehicle, but the FMC may be asked to use the van as their work vehicle from time to time to maximize exposure and thus, must be comfortable driving a vehicle of that size.
- Travel: The FMC may be asked to travel to secondary and tertiary markets 2-3 days a month based on region size. During these trips, FMCs will execute predetermined sampling initiatives and ensure program objectives are being met.
This is not a desk job; we want you to be excited about being outside and living an active lifestyle! If this sounds like you, please be prepared to share your experience with us and how it translates to the requirements listed above. We also would like to hear about you personally. What does your ideal weekend look like? What do you do in your free time? What are you passionate about within your city?
- Bachelor's degree, emphasis in marketing preferred.
- A minimum of 2+ years of collective experience in Field Marketing/Retail/Beverage Industry.
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and communicate with remote management for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge and understanding of permitting process for product sampling.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Dropbox) required.
- Ability to be creative, efficient and productive with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and colleagues.
Job Type: Contract
Expected Hours (weekly): 20-30
Salary: $700.00 to $750.00 /week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $700.00 to $750.00 /week
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Product Demos: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: