The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures will be the world?s premier institution dedicated to the art and science of movies. Located on Wilshire and Fairfax in Los Angeles, the Museum will be simultaneously immersive, experimental, educational, and entertaining. More than a museum, this dynamic film center will offer unparalleled experiences and insights into movies and moviemaking.
The Membership Coordinator provides a wide variety of sales, customer service, administrative, and clerical support to the Museum's Membership program. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Membership and Annual Giving, the primary responsibilities involve overseeing the Membership and Annual Fund acknowledgment programs and ensuring that members are thanked graciously and in a timely manner. You will work closely with the Museum database to maintain membership and donor data. You will also coordinate the daily tasks of the department, handling customer service, tracking expenses, and maintaining inventories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Membership welcome and acknowledgment program. Help to develop process, ensuring that gifts are processed and acknowledged in a timely matter. Convey spirit of gratitude and warmth through acknowledgments.
- Create and maintain member records in Salesforce. Sell and renew memberships, perform cleanups, and pull reports to help analyze membership initiatives and results.
- Oversee customer service for the Museum's Membership program. Return member calls and emails and track event registrations. Oversee problem payments and replacement credit cards for auto-renews. Help to create customer service manual.
- Build relationships with members, striving to make meaningful connections through friendly conversations and a spirit of generosity
- Address member concerns in an informative and friendly manner and provide efficient, prompt and accurate customer service to routine and moderately complex inquiries regarding membership accounts and ticketing transactions.
- Help to establish cross marketing with community organizations to acquire new members.
- Execute monthly follow-up calls to lapsed/expired upper-level members.
- Coordinate the development, editing, and implementation of Member acquisition campaigns, Gift Membership campaigns, and other marketing initiatives as required. Handle project communication and approvals (copy, art, images) with Membership team, appropriate Museum staff, and outside vendors.
- Coordinate Membership content for Museum-wide publications and on website and internal calendars.
- Serve as lead Membership staff on related Museum events.