This is an entry level position. Prior Amazon catalog experience is preferred, but not required.
We've been around for 10+ years and manage eCommerce and digital marketing efforts for an eclectic collection of consumer products companies.
We're deeply passionate about both our clients as well as several in-house brands we've developed the last several years.
As for us, we're a dynamic, rapidly evolving group of talented people who value the heck out of our employees, and understand your key importance to our growth and continued success. We're the right work environment if you're smart, responsible, hard-working, want a workplace that values you, and want to develop your skills.
As for the culture here...we're pretty heavy on geek. Passions range from:
Board games (Catan, Small World, Betrayal etc.), eSports (some are huge fans of Blizzard), comics, cool and interesting documentaries, Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, GOT (before the final season), Harry Potter, anime, manga, nerd culture, Dr. Who, etc. Nearly everyone can give a proper answer to: "Who'd should win in this Epic Rap Battle: Gandalf or Dumbledore."
Everyone is serious about their work and works hard while at the same time having a good time. We drink good whiskey and beer on Friday's after work, have a monthly company game night, and do other cool stuff too. Nearly everyone has a pretty wicked sense of humor. Actually, make that everyone.
There is opportunity for growth and advancement over time.
- Working with data. Working in Excel for you should be like a fish swimming in water. A good portion of your job will be leveraging the magic of microprocessors to make big things happen. You should be intimately familiar with VLOOKUP, INDEX(MATCH), pivot tables, and all mid-level excel functions. Have advanced skills? Even better!
- Detail orientation. Accuracy is the name of the game. You must be good at identifying errors, problem-solving, and ensuring that what you do is correct. And, you've got to be ok with a fair bit of mind-numbing, in-front-of-your-computer-screen quality control work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities. You'll be constantly asked to work on new projects, one-offs, and other items. You'll need to be able to roll with it and create a system for making sure everything gets done while ensuring projects don't fall through the cracks.
- Process and project management. Much of your job will involve working with a variety of systems (our own, Amazon Seller Central, and others), and managing complex processes.
- Great technical and business writing skills. Over time, you'll be corresponding with both our clients and suppliers. You need to be able to write in a clear and effective manner.
- Great interpersonal skills. You'll be working closely with your boss, and with the team here. You'll also have direct contact with our clients. People need to enjoy working with you!
Job Responsibilities to Include:
Your core responsibility will be helping a number of our brands improve their presence on Amazon. Specifically, their Amazon listings, although you'll likely help support management of their brand page and possibly advertising as well. Your job will be to improve how their products appear on Amazon - the product titles, bullet & description copy, and descriptions. And, then to help support developing even better Amazon listings via Enhanced Brand Content, enhanced images, and more.
These efforts will tie directly into sales growth for the brands.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Content and listing management. This includes building, testing, and uploading catalog templates, managing support cases to update Amazon listings, and continuous monitoring of Amazon listings for changes and errors. You'll be working extensively with Amazon Seller Central, and Brand Registry.
- Control management. This includes monitoring client listings for MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) compliance and unauthorized sellers.
- Report creation. Clients will look to your information to help them decide what actions to take.
- Customer service. You'll have direct communication with clients both large and small.
- Process Improvement. We want you to use your brain, and be constantly looking for ways to improve existing processes and create new ones. We're "kaizen"ers at heart, and students of lean process and the Toyota Way.
- Various other. We're a small team, and we oftentimes work together on a variety of projects.
- B.A/ B.S required. A minimum of 2-3 years of solid work experience preferred, but recent college grads are welcome to apply.
- Strong self-management skills. Everyone who works here works hard, and doesn't need to be micro-managed.
- A positive attitude and legitimate sense of humor. Life is short, we should enjoy it.
- A genuine commitment to other people, and to the success of the organization.
- A commitment to learning and personal growth, developing your own skillset over time. Many people here are autodidacts, and love to continuously learn.
- Quirky is good!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /year
- similar: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance