Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company-one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
We are currently hiring a full-time Project Manager, New Product Development at our North York, ON head office. At Teknion, we're always moving forward; and the New Product Development team is at the forefront of that movement. Within this group, the Project Manager plays a pivotal role in the development and launch of Teknion's products. The Project Manager leads the cross functional development team through the conceptualization, design, and launch of new product lines.
The successful Project Manager is a natural leader and facilitator; driven, organized and detail oriented. They excel in project management, and thrive when challenged. The Project Manager manages through relationships and influence, and communicates with ease at all levels.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading the cross functional Product Development team (Industrial Design, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance etc) to the successful execution of a product launch; from concept to launch. The Product Manager enables a successful and efficient product launch through planning, communication, monitoring and risk identification and resolution actions.
1. Oversee the product development and implementation of a product launch:
- Ensure that all supporting departments understand their responsibilities and the required timeframes associated with their deliverables.
- Ensure project deliverables are met as scheduled.
2. Plan, communicate, maintain and optimize the project structure:
- Project Scope & Objectives - based on Product Development Outline (PDO).
- Project Work Plan - overall schedule, milestones, deliverables, and resources.
- Identify Project Risks (schedule, financial, marketing, supply chain, technical etc) and Mitigating Actions.
- Achieve team buy in of Project Plan - review project structure with team and executive sponsors, incorporate feedback where required.
- Systematically review project plan to identify opportunities for efficiencies and enhancements.
3. Schedule and facilitate meetings within the development team as well as with other stakeholders:
- Ensure meetings are documented, and actions are communicated clearly and closed on schedule.
- Encourage collaboration and teamwork between functional representatives.
- Facilitate timely and adequate communications.
4. Identify project risks and facilitate the resolution of issues within the project team; analyze problem, consolidate options and communicate clearly within project team to enable decision making. Escalate to executive sponsors when required. Remain objective through the issue resolution process.
5. Monitor and report on the status of the project plan (i.e. schedule, budget, and resources) to team and executive sponsors.
6. Monitor project objectives as project goes forward; identify and elevate significant project decisions or deviations.
7. Acquire project authorizations and approvals as required.
8. Continuously improve Product Launch process through:
- Post launch reviews.
- Communication and Implementation of Lessons learned.
- Maintaining engagement and communication across the Product Development teams to enable synergistic learning and collaboration.
- Maintain and enhance project management tools (ex: best practices, templates, software etc).
- Support the training of Project management resources.
9. Actively support key project deliverable as necessary (mock-up co-ordination etc).
10. Support business process improvement projects within the Design &Corporate Marketing department and the company as a whole.
- University degree in Engineering, PMI certification is an asset
- 3+ years of relevant Project / Project Management experience, preferably in a design, manufacturing and marketing environment
- Experience with the Design and Development processes of a manufacturing organization
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes and materials associated with industrial products
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and cloud based data management and work flow tools (Box, Google Drive etc)
- Ability to travel internationally (infrequent)
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to work and perform under minimal supervision
- Successful track record in delivering results in the area of New Product Introductions / Product Development
- Demonstrates leadership, learning ability and action orientation in the face of uncertainty
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Enthusiastic, creative, hard working
- Driven to continuously improve - utilizing computational, empirical, analytical methods to understand then solve problems and improve processes
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round