Since 1968, Task Tools has been a leading vendor within the building supply and home improvement industry. Proudly Canadian with over 100 employees and growing, we deliver professional quality products, exceptional customer service, award-winning packaging & merchandising, and the industry's best warranty support.
This is a leading role within the organization, focused on maintaining and enhancing our dynamic range of products and furthering the company's marketing initiatives. You will work within the product marketing team to bring innovative products to market, develop unique and effective merchandising solutions, manage product-marketing initiatives, and to help promote the Task Tools brands in North America. You will be leading or participating in projects in all the 4 Ps of marketing.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be bringing the following:
- A university degree in marketing / communication / business administration / or other related discipline
- Keen analytical skills with the ability to produce salient insights from large amounts of raw data
- Excellent written and oral English with a talent for writing strong marketing copy
- Comfort with presenting to groups
- Understanding of value, and confidence negotiating best cost from suppliers without compromising quality
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel
- An understanding of both B-to-B and B-to-C marketing
- The ability to work in a team environment as a self-motivated manager of various projects
- The skills to execute myriad projects simultaneously with an eye for detail
- A willingness to make decisions and to stand behind them
- The personality of a strong communicator, consensus builder, and a natural team player and team leader
To be a top candidate you will have:
- Experience working with CPG products
- Direct exposure to building supply and home improvement industry
- Experience with merchandising and POS development
- Familiarity with the logistics associated with international sourcing
- Experience with cloud-based CRM software
Why work here?
- The combination of the environment (head office of a private Canadian company) and the role (ownership of a portfolio of products) means that each day your decisions make a direct impact on our business
- The opportunity to market tangible products with defined features and benefits that help to build the communities we live in.
- The opportunity to partner with a Canadian industry leader in Building Supply, Home Improvement, and Industrial Supply
- Established in 1968, Task Tools demonstrates proven business practices and stability.
- Access a highly competitive package including great benefits package, flexible office hours, and use of a company laptop.
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately for this permanent, full time position.
*** please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately ***
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR YOUR REVIEW and PREPARATION:
- Have ownership/responsibility for a defined portfolio of the company's products
- Manage the development of new products from conception to launch
- Manage the life cycle of existing products
- Analyze competitor activity to identify opportunities for growth and differentiation
- Manage relationships with global manufacturing partners
- Negotiate best costs for new products without compromising quality
- Manage quality assurance and actively work to drive overall product quality
- Develop innovative, industry-leading packaging and merchandising solutions
- Work within and/or lead cross-functional teams within the business to meet corporate objectives
- Spend time in the field working on grass-roots marketing initiatives, training our sales team, and looking for market opportunities
Job Type: Full-time