Taitem Engineering has an opportunity for an experienced electrical engineer in its Design Department. The successful candidate will focus on electrical design for both new and existing buildings and will also contribute to other projects as part of our MEP+S team. This growth position offers the opportunity to learn from Taitem’s experienced staff of engineers who are eager to share their knowledge of the field.
Taitem is a progressive consulting firm based in beautiful Ithaca, New York. Founded in 1989, Taitem is a mission-driven B-Corporation, committed to the “triple bottom line” of people, planet, and prosperity. Taitem is known for its high-quality work in designing and supporting sustainable, high-performing buildings. “Taitem” stands for “technology as if the earth mattered,” reflecting the firm’s commitment to the environment. Flexible schedules, family-friendly policies, and support for excellence make Taitem a life-sustaining place to work.
The electrical engineer will be responsible for working as a part of the design team to bring design projects to successful completion. Specific work includes —
* Design of building electrical systems including lighting, power, fire alarm, and data
* Perform design calculations and develop technical specifications and drawings
* Modeling in Revit
* Perform site visits to evaluate existing systems or to inspect during construction phase
* Coordination and communication with team members, both internal and external
* Act as lead electrical engineer on projects
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* has a degree in engineering or related field;
* has 5 or more years of experience;
* has an understanding of electrical codes;
* has good English language communication skills, both speaking and writing;
* works well on a team;
* is detail oriented;
* is dedicated to quality work; and
* has a desire to learn.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
* is a Professional Engineer or is interested in becoming a PE;
* is familiar with building construction and the construction trades; and
* is proficient in Autodesk Revit or similar Building Information Modeling application.
Compensation: The recruiting range for this position is competitive and depends on the skills and experience of the applicant. This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off, professional development funds, and an employee assistance program.
Taitem Engineering is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women and people of color.
Taitem Engineering, PC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.