St. George International College (SGIC) is a busy English Language school located downtown Toronto. SGIC is a close-knit school where everyone knows you and you feel like you are part of a work family. Our teachers are dedicated to their work and really love what they do. We are currently looking for supply ESL teachers who are TESL certified, have teaching experience, have an engaging personality, and love teaching.
Supply teachers are called/emailed when a current teacher takes time off or calls in sick. A minimum of 2 hours notice is provided to supplies. As such, we look for people who are located close to the school and check their messages regularly. A lesson plan is provided for the class you are coving.
If you meet all the qualifications, send us your resume.
ESL Teachers are responsible for:
* Teaching according to a pre-set curriculum
* Adding supplemental exercises and activities as needed
* Plan your lessons in advance and be prepared to teach
* Communicating with staff regarding student concerns
* Marking tests, presentations and assignments in a timely manner
* Being prepared to teach class (punctual, making photocopies, getting supplies prior to class, etc.)
* Enforcing school rules and regulations
* Being punctual
* Keeping accurate records with regards to grades and attendance
* Assigning homework (online and paper)
* Provide students with regular feedback
* Correct student's mistakes with English in a positive manner
* TESL certified (Ontario or Canada)
* Bachelor Degree (any major)
* ESL teaching experience in Canada
* Native-like fluency
* Energy and a passion for your job
Job Type / Category:
This position works in a classroom environment. The working hours are from 9:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. Monday to Friday (25 hours a week). Salary: starting at $20.00. Supplies are called/emailed in when needed.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour