We are currently seeking an Junior Geotechnical/Geohazard Specialist to join our team in
Reporting to the Principal Geotechnical Engineer, the Geotechnical/Geohazard Junior holds a role supporting a wide variety of projects across our western Canadian offices. The role will be an opportunity to gain experience and knowledge working with senior experienced professionals, in the office and in the field
- University degree or diploma in a related discipline (i.e. geoscience or civil engineering, etc.); a post-graduate degree would be considered an asset
- Minimum of <4 years relevant experience in a consulting environment;
- Willing to work extended and irregular hours within western Canada when necessary;
- Currently registered or eligible to register as a member of APEGA;
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet established deadlines;
- Effective interpersonal skills, a strong client-service focus and the ability to work in a team environment are essential;
- Strong business development skills;
- Experience using specialized equipment and software (e.g. Lpile, GRL-WEAP, GeoStudio or equivalent) would be considered an asset;
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills in the English language; and
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driving abstract.
Experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- Slope Stability, mitigation design and monitoring
- Terrain Mapping
- Landslide Detection
- Slope Hazard Assessment
- Fluvial Geomorphology
- Flood Hazard Assessment
- Hydrologic Modelling
- River Surveying
- Debris Flows
- Foundation Design
- Retaining wall design
- Infrastructure design
- Site Investigation- drilling
- Acting as the lead resource/project manager for a variety of projects and clients
- Assist in the development and growth of the Calgary team with a focus on energy and infrastructure developments
- Support the development of the Environment & Geoscience business by developing relationships with existing and future client contacts, attending meetings, and supporting BD initiatives
- Preparation and review of proposals
- Provision of practical and economic solutions to clients
- Preparation and review of technical reports associated with the project scope of work
- Ensuring technical quality of work including review of client deliverables (proposals, reports and mapping)
- Provide guidance, training and direction to junior and intermediate staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work.
Our commitment to excellence extents do our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous RRSP program and an employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
For more information, please visit our website at www.snclavalin.com
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Local candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.