Are you able to work autonomously with little direction? Are you a team player willing to go the extra mile? Do you have the desire to innovate? If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then we want to hear from you! Every day, SkyHive's startup environment will present new challenges, opportunities to grow, and a place to build something truly unique.
We are looking for a back-end developer with experience working with .NET Core and C#. As a back-end developer, you are familiar with interfacing with APIs, with the database (in our case, MongoDB), and with the frontend. You will be responsible for expanding and maintaining an existing API, as well as for developing a new one. You will collaborate with our Machine Learning specialists to define interfaces between our code and ML services. You are expected to have a basic understanding of how our Angular2+ frontend will utilize the data that our APIs return. You are expected to have a basic understanding of synchronous and asynchronous operations. An ability to communicate and collaborate with both project management and other technical experts is expected as well.
Our stack is Angular/Typescript – C# (.NET Core) – MongoDB, though typically you will only be responsible for working on C# classes and endpoints on the backend.
• Strong understanding of C# and the .NET Core
• Able to interface with 3d party APIs and create endpoints in own APIs
• Able to interface with the database (MongoDB)
• Knowledge of ticketing systems and version control
• Collaborating with project management and establishing estimates for dev work
• Applying Agile best practices in your work
Who are you?
Qualifications (Must haves)
• C# and .NET Core
• Must have worked on APIs in the past (can be internal)
• Basic understanding on MongoDB or other noSQL database
• Clear code
• Understanding of git and version control best practices
• Angular 4 & 5
• Worked with Active Directory
Who are we?
Recognized as a top startup by Forbes, Startup Grind, and C100, SkyHive is an award-winning AI
technology that deepens our understanding of labour markets, workforces and individuals, enabling
new ways of acquiring, developing and engaging talent.
Established in 2017 with the mission of tackling global poverty and social inequality, SkyHive aims to utilize its exponential technology to stimulate economic empowerment and lifelong learning; ultimately fostering a stronger, more prepared, and more confident workforce to welcome a brighter tomorrow.
What do we offer?
• Opportunity to get your foot in the door of a fast-growing tech company
• Collaborative team environment and culture with a flat organizational design
• Comprehensive health benefits package & MSP coverage
• Three weeks’ paid vacation to start, paid holidays and birthday leave!
• Stock options & gainsharing plan
• Certified B-Corp Status
• Paid & unpaid volunteer time off
• Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
• Opportunity to explore other departments as training and career continues.
• Professional development assistance program that covers professional continuing education
• Beautiful office in A1 location with beer and cider on tap and an in-house gym
• Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year