SITAONAIR sets the benchmark for true nose-to-tail solutions, providing the complete range of products and services an airline needs to realize the full potential of the connected aircraft. Its solutions enable airlines to personalize the passenger experience, streamline cabin and cockpit operations, and optimize maintenance procedures.
SITAONAIR was launched on 1 January 2015 as part of the SITA Group. It has nearly 400 airline customers operating over 15,000 aircraft. It is headquartered in Geneva, and has offices in London, Montreal, Atlanta and Singapore, with 270 staff worldwide.
You will be responsible for:
- End to end availability of the infrastructure and services operated by SITAONAIR
- Communication, coordination and escalation with internal or external suppliers and partners for the timely resolution of incidents
The role interfaces with external and internal suppliers, customers and partner network operators.
While on shift duty you will be accountable for:
- the active monitoring of the SITAONAIR infrastructure and services, analysis of network and system events, taking appropriate action to reduce or eliminate any service impact., including switch-over of Datalink systems
Support global base of customers
Issuing customer advisories and internal incident notifications
- Proactive monitoring of systems, networks and applications
Remedial actions on incidents
Coordination with support teams
- Escalation with management and suppliers
Internal incident notifications
Participation in post-incident debriefs
Continual service improvement of monitoring and incident management procedures
Incident management utilizing ITIL compliant tools and best practice
- IT systems helpdesk or systems administrator
- Knowledge of complex IT/Network systems
- Ability to work with International teams and customers
- 2-3 years of experience in above mentioned activities
Knowledge and skills
- Commitment to excellence: Have passion for succeeding in assigned tasks and to produce work of the highest quality even under pressure. Is responsible and can be relied upon
- Communication: Communicate effectively verbally, in writing or via presentation by putting information accurately, concisely and in a timely manner.
- Customer Orientation: Is focused on what is best for the customer, always lets customers’ needs, drive actions and decisions.
- Experience of working within an international, multi-cultural organization and with customers based on mutual respect, trust and professional competence
- Independent: Able to work under minimal supervision by demonstrating an organizational perspective
- Self-Learning: Actively works to continuously improve and grow, able work on own initiative
Teamwork: Demonstrates a strong desire to see the team achieve its agreed goals
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in IT or Business, or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation Certificate – Desirable
SITA is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process.