Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
$48,383 To $57,778 Annually
Reporting to the Coordinator, Marketing & Communications and working in close partnership with all members of the marketing team, the Associate, Marketing & Communications supports the execution of a wide range of Lifelong Learning marketing initiatives, including awareness, growth and student recruitment for the Continuing Studies program portfolio. The incumbent gathers content for web, social media, email, and print marketing initiatives and assists with writing and editing marketing materials. The incumbent prepares daily social media posts, engages with the Continuing Studies audiences on social media, analyzes social media marketing results, and prepares recommendations for improvements. The Associate assists with the coordination and execution of a wide range of marketing initiatives, including photo and video shoots, recruitment and community event participation, the distribution of print promotional materials, and monthly email marketing initiatives. The incumbent communicates with various project stakeholders to ensure timely execution and desired results of all marketing projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field, and one year of related experience, including experience in social media and digital marketing, communication, advertising, and public relations; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and digital marketing.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, HootSuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, web analytics applications, and online content management systems (e.g., Adobe Experience Manager).
- Good knowledge of email marketing best practices and email management systems (e.g., Campaigner).
- Good knowledge of image- and video-editing software, such as Photoshop, iMovie, or Final Cut Pro.
- Basic knowledge of digital, print out-of-home and broadcast advertising.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong research and information gathering skills.
- Ability to engage with an audience and demonstrate innovation in use of social and digital marketing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to execute projects within established timelines, exercise sound judgment, show initiative and independence in accomplishing goals, and manage priorities.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.