The Bus Driver provides assistance to the Recreation Manager in the delivery of recreation programs and performs other related duties. The Bus Driver will provide safe transportation to and from organized recreational programs and organized special request outings.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
- Provide transportation services to residents and the Retirement Residence.
- Responsible for preparation, delivery and clean up of assigned regularly scheduled individual and group programs involving the bus.
- May be required to provide assistance to the Recreation Manager and Recreation Assistant in special event programming.
- Complete departmental and bus maintenance records as required.
- May be responsible to give direction to volunteers and community organizations assisting in recreational programs.
- Develops and maintains excellent communication with residents, family, staff, volunteers and community groups.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Class “F” license and excellent driving record. Evidence of insurance record for previous 3 years to meet carrier requirements.
- Experience driving a 21 or larger passenger seating bus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a genuine interest in providing enriching recreational opportunities to retired residents.
- Must be available for flexible shifts based on the needs of residents and the site, including weekends, evenings and on call.
- Experience in retirement setting is desirable.
- Proven ability to work in a team as well as to work independently on assigned duties.
- Varied interests in recreation and leisure activities.