Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Education Required Level:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software is seeking a User Experience Designer, responsible for making design an integrated part of the software development process. This role requires an understanding of user experience best practices and hands on experience with interaction design, visual design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to advocate to a cross functional team the needs of the user. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries and with customers from diverse industries to rapidly develop world-class enterprise software. Your challenge will be to take large, powerful and complex applications and transform them into the simple, intuitive and compelling experience that modern user expectations demand, while preserving their sophisticated capabilities. You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you will have to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies and standards. The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user advocate and is passionate about designing products that are intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn.
Job Description: Establishing strong practices for design will be an integral part of what you do as we continue to evolve our UX practice. The User Experience Designer is responsible for working with the Product Owner and our Customer to extract features that will meet user needs and improve business results. You will wear many UX hats and be asked to develop a variety of UX deliverables from personas to mock-ups.
- Work with a cross functional team using Agile methodology to define user stories and necessary UX deliverables as part of sprint planning with the scrum project team you are assigned
- Advocate for the user’s needs and collaborate with the Product Owner to develop features that align to the needs of the user
- Turn requirements into simple and intuitive interfaces for the end user
- Analyze and resolve UI design alternatives and issues
- Prepare UX documentation (navigational flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, etc.) to be used by the development team
- Collect and action UX feedback from customers/end users and manage changes to UX deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure UX documentation is continuously updated and distributed to the production team
- Keep up to date in the field by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and reading relevant research
- Promote importance of user-centered activities and influence stakeholders to insure execution
In selecting for this position, we will focus on the following criteria:
- At least 4 - 8 years of experience understanding and building world class experiences for the users of your product. Experience with complex Enterprise software products a plus.
- Degree in human computer interaction, human factors engineering, computer science, design, interaction design, library sciences or other related discipline required
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design experience in the industry or as part of degree curriculum
- Experience creating polished designs with the ability evangelize and institute design
- Experience rapidly iterating designs to align to sprint timetables
- Knowledge and proficiency with in industry standard UX software including: Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, or like tools
- Passionate about producing high-quality and engaging UX deliverables
- Experience with research methods that lend themselves to an agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills to set milestones and deliver on time
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Willingness to travel
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:
- Experience designing web and mobile applications
- Experience with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Lean and/or Agile development approaches
- Experience creating prototypes using UX tools such as Axure, HTML, CSS
- Understanding and experience with HTML and CSS
- Industry domain expertise in at least one discipline relevant to the Teamcenter Product Line
- Experience as an end user of PLM software applications