About this Role:
The design team at Shogun delivers value to our users through the things we make. As a Designer on our rapidly growing team, you have a unique opportunity to work closely with our Product, Engineering, and marketing teams throughout the Product life cycle. You will report directly to the Head of Design and work on all aspects of our Product and Brand.
Shogun is an exciting and rapidly growing fintech company specializing in the home improvement loan sector, supported by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley. Our SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- offers contractors across the country an effective and highly competitive way to give their customers financing options for their home improvement projects. Build something amazing with us and get in on the ground floor!
- Take new ideas from concepts to implementation, efficiently and beautifully.
- Approach design challenges holistically, considering all parts of the experience including copy, animations, UI, business, and legal requirements.
- Iterate on existing products and features to ensure that we are delivering industry-leading Brand and UX.
- Work with Marketing to define our Brand and Voice.
- Work with Product and Engineering to build intuitive, elegant solutions.
- Deeply understand the needs of a diverse user base consisting of consumers, merchants, and business partners.
- Build and scale brand & component style guides that serve as the foundations of our Brand and Product.
- An exceptionally strong portfolio
- 3+ years of experience designing Brand and UX.
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- High proficiency in industry standard tools, i.e. Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin etc.
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to flexible, intuitive patterns and solutions.
- Expertise in UI, UX, or visual design, but have skills in other creative disciplines. We're looking to work with well-rounded creatives.
- Experience working with data to inform design decisions
- Experience creating printed materials
- Exceptional written & verbal communication ability
- UI animation skills
- Knowledge of common UI frameworks like React Native / Web
- Cross-platform design experience (iOS, Android, Web, Emails)
We are hiring for this position in our office in downtown San Francisco, CA.
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
More About Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.