As a Summer Intern at our corporate headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee, you will work within one of our corporate support functions or within one of the core business units (i.e. Terminix, American Home Shield, etc.). You will participate in a paid program designed to provide you with real-world experience and prepare you for an exciting role in a corporate environment through the following areas of responsibility:
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Strategy and Process Improvement
- Management and Operations
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Corporate Communications
- At least 80 Hours of completed course work towards Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated academic success (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Strong technical skills/Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven leadership ability
- High attention to detail
- Analytical mindset
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have :
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to :
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.