Serco Canada Inc. operates all the DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. As a customer service agent with Serco Canada Inc., you will be based out of one of our 56 Ontario DriveTest Centres. If you are a positive and professional team player who enjoys working with the public in a high energy environment, rewarding job opportunities await you at Serco Canada Inc.
Driver examiners are responsible for evaluating members of the public at various stages of the driver's licensing process. Driver examiners must have excellent time management and organizational skills and exercise superior judgment skills. We require individuals who can work independently, meet deadlines, and strive to achieve customer satisfaction in all aspects of their work.
Wage rates for Driver Examiner positions range from $22.76 to 27.18 per hour, depending on the position classification level and the number of years an employee has been in the role. Benefit eligibility for full-time and part-time employees are outlined in our Collective Agreement. Full-time employees that are eligible will have the option to receive health and dental benefits. We also offer a matched Retirement Savings Plan (RSP).
The majority of employees work only during daytime hours, although occasional evening and weekend work may be required to address any backlogs that arise. Employee hours vary based on customer demand. The summer is our busy season, so employees work full-time hours from June to September, generally. The winter is our slow season, so we reduce employee hours to reflect the lower volumes, generally.
Purpose of the Job:
- Evaluates the driving abilities of driver's licence light vehicle applicants at the G2 and G level.
- Evaluates the driving ability of applicants at the M2, M and controlled class (ABZ) level, if qualified and required.
- Provides grade of road test, licence information and resolves licensing issues.
- Provides information and assistance related to Driver Examination services.
- To ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations in an environment that enables candidates to perform at their best.
- Reviews information and determines test requirements.
- Ensures the fair and proper conduct of examinations.
- Creates a calm, professional, and supportive environment that enables applicants to perform to the best of their abilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to enquiries related to driver licensing, determines applicant status, and provides information regarding test/re-test procedures and classes of licences.
- Completes three point verification by verbally confirming the candidates full Name, full Date of Birth and full Address.
- Examine applicants through a road test; to determine applicant's abilities in the mechanics and handling of vehicles, notes compliance to traffic laws, stressful situations, driving regulations and safe driving practices.
- Determines the fitness, competency, and knowledge of driver's licence applicants.
- Examines applicants through road tests for Class G2 and Class G licences to determine driving competence and knowledge of driving regulations.
- Provides examination results and details regarding errors and areas requiring improvement.
- Completes evaluation forms (paper and online) for road test assessments.
- Attends travel points to provide testing and licensing services, where applicable
- If conducting Class M2, and Class M class road tests; observes and assesses riding habits, skills, and demonstrated ability in the operation of vehicles.
- Enters road test results into the computer and/or tablet.
- Conducts road test for those requiring special needs or for those with disabilities
- Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
- Must hold a valid Ontario Class G driver's licence. Must have at least four years driving experience, verified based on "date first licenced" indicated on the Ontario driver's licence.
- Must hold a valid Class M and/or controlled/commercial class driver's licence, if applicable.
- Must have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- No more than four demerit points and three violations at all times during employment as a Driver Examiner
- Thorough knowledge of applicable sections of the Highway Traffic Act, related regulations, and legislation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serco Canada Inc. an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values, Serco Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. Serco Canada will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).