A Manager, Talent and Business Operations is responsible for managing the People and Operations aspects of a specific Sephora store location. This includes direct management of any members of the Talent & Business Operations team. A Manager, Talent & Business Operations regularly exercises discretion in areas such as staffing/zoning of the store, cast training and education, on-boarding of cast, cast schedule management and overall execution of Sephora operation standards within their store. Managers are accountable for the development of all members on the Talent & Business Operations team within their store and for leading that team to achieve and exceed company objectives.
* Manage the hiring process for all roles within the store in partnership with the Store Director. Oversee the sourcing of all candidates and support the coordination of all interviews. Conduct final interviews for key positions as assigned within the store. Manage the interviewing/hiring process for all direct reports. Utilize the My Sephora Career (MSC) system as needed to source, select and hire candidates.
* Manage all training-related functions within the store. In conjunction with the SD and the District Education Manager (DEM) develop and execute the store's on-going training strategy.
* Oversee the writing of the weekly schedule/zoning. As needed review and approve paid time off (PTO) requests within the store.
* Oversee on-boarding/orientation/Sephora 101 & We Care classes within the store, facilitating them as needed.
* Participate in regular succession planning meetings for all levels of the store.
* Manage the review process for hourly leaders and cast within the store. Provide training as needed to individuals writing reviews and adequate time to write and deliver reviews ensuring developmental feedback to cast.
* Write and deliver annual performance reviews for direct reports in a complete and timely manner.
* Ensure proper wage rates exists for the store including compliance with all wage requirements. Provide feedback to SD on local competition pay practices to ensure that the store is competitive from a pay perspective.
* Participate in the management of all performance management situations within the People and Ops areas of the store. Ensure timely feedback for improvement is delivered and followed up on as necessary.
* Conduct regular P4D conversations with direct reports. Ensure that P4D conversations are occurring regularly within the store. Provide training as needed to leaders within the store on how to write, conduct and follow-up an effective P4D document and conversation.
* Manage regular check-ins with direct reports and, as needed, in-direct reports.
* Support a strong, positive culture based on Sephora's Values exists within the store.
* Leads the operations of the store. Ensure execution of all operations-focused processes for the store and that all are completed per company standard.
* Provide direction and feedback to the Operations cast to ensure all non-selling tasks occur in a timely and productive manner.
* Manage the inventory of the store. This includes shipping, receiving, and returning merchandise, cycle counting and ensuring that all processes are completed within company guidelines and timeframes.
* Manage the process to ensure that all merchandising concepts and on-stage visuals are within company standard.
* Manage the process of keeping the on-stage look and feel at the highest level. Ensure the appropriate schedule is written on a weekly basis as business dictates, including flexing shifts up or down during peak times, to keep the store looking its best.
* Manage all in-house and/or third-party cleaning crews ensuring that they are adhering to agreed-upon standards by providing feedback, coaching and escalation as necessary.
* Manage the process of maintaining appropriate budget and quantity of supplies, testers and samples for the store.
* Manage and/or complete all paperwork procedures necessary for the store to function promptly and accurately, meeting established deadlines.
* Working with Store Director partner with appropriate Loss Prevention (LP) partners on a store specific shrink plan incorporating all feedback into an actionable store strategy. Support efforts to ensure that the store shrink is within company standard.
* Manage the store safety programs and processes.
* Validate that all store operational issues are being reported, resolved and escalated to the SD or to the correct business partner appropriately.
* Understand store goals, opportunities and trends and ensure the store cast is aligned with each.
* Ensure effective and timely roll-out of all company initiatives.
* Ensure the timely response to all client feedback for the store.
* Regularly act as the Director in Charge (DIC) within the store. Engage with cast and clients on-stage whenever possible.
* Actively participate in all store visits from District Managers and all other business partners.
* Attend and conduct daily touch base meetings whenever possible.
* Be seen as the expert by demonstrating a strong understanding of the store's sales performance and staffing and payroll as well as all other controllable expenses within the store.
* Two to four years' experience in a similar role at a similar volume store or equivalent internal experience.
* Exceptional leadership and influential skills.
* Excellent verbal/written communications skills and the ability to influence business partners at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
* Proven ability to lead and build top performing teams.
* Proven ability to create teams by attracting and identifying talented store leaders who can train and develop cast to drive sales and deliver outstanding client service.
* Proficient in basic computer skills including Windows, Word, and Excel.
* Proven ability to manage time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
* Wear costume provided.
* Follow personal appearance guidelines as stated in the Employee Handbook.
* Verbally communicate with clients and store employees in a clear manner.
* Move around "on-stage," "back stage" and offices.
* Lift and carry 50 pounds.
* Work in a fragrance filled environment.
* Handle and apply cosmetic products to clients.
* Bend and stretch to stock shelves.
Job Type: Full-time