Seaspan Corporation (NYSE:SSW) is the world’s largest financial lessor in the containership leasing space with a $8bn+ balance sheet. Seaspan provides many of the world’s major shipping lines with alternatives to vessel ownership by offering long-term leases on large, modern containerships combined with industry leading ship management services.
Seaspan’s fleet has evolved over time to meet the varying needs of their customer base. We own vessels in a wide range of sizes, from 2,500 TEU ships to the recently delivered 14,000 TEU vessels. Seaspan oversees and manages every aspect of the process from ship to shore. A conservative, strategic approach allows for measured and consistent growth, while a strong set of values govern the integrity of their everyday decisions. As the largest independent charter owner and manager of containerships, we are truly a global operation and employ more than 4000 people at their offices in Hong Kong, Canada and India as well as on board their large fleet of vessels.
This position reports directly to the IT Service Delivery Manager and focuses on support for all Tier 1 and 2 end user support on-shore as well as on-board. Responsible for providing customer care and support services to various users experiencing technical problems and IT issues involving business applications, workplace productivity tools, desktop, laptop, telecommunications and network services. This includes providing second line support, problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, resolution, escalation and system / application support documentation development for all of Seaspan’s offices as well as its global fleet of 100+ vessels.
This role will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure client satisfaction with both operational and project related issues.
The IT Service Delivery Specialist also manages project support transition services and strives to achieve timely closure of project implementation issues and ensure a positive synergy exists between project and support teams as well as end users.
- Respond to systems, applications, hardware, and other client problems by investigating problems and taking corrective actions. Provide both telephone and desk-side second-level support for desktops, laptops, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Based Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows 10), iOS, telecommunications and suite of Seaspan’s business applications.
- Configure, install and update desktops, laptops and peripherals based on client service requests, computer evergreen program or as otherwise assigned. Perform desktop application installations, upgrades, and support and maintenance activities.
- Perform preventative maintenance of systems, applications and computing equipment in area of IT Service Delivery team’s responsibility.
- Provide operating and administration functions including user set up, configuration and management for systems and business applications. These responsibilities include:
- Creation and termination of Network / O365 user accounts
- Managing the rights and permissions of network/email accounts
- Creation and termination of user accounts for business applications
- Managing the rights and permissions of accounts for business applications
- Creation of group permissions and rights to file directories
- Application groups and distribution lists
- Telecommunication service request – moves, adds and changes
- New vessel request, adds and changes
- Liaise with key contacts and IT resources on application and system issues. Communicate effectively with clients and other team members while gathering information to facilitate problem resolution.
- Assist Systems Administration team in support of users with requirements for remote access. Assist in Data Center server backup activities, file and data management and IT disaster recovery operations.
- Monitor and resolve opened tickets in a timely fashion, meeting or exceeding defined service levels while providing quality solutions. Document all actions and solutions within helpdesk tickets and update the technical details within operational procedures as appropriate. Ensure customer satisfaction, including taking ownership of an opened tickets and ensuring incidents are fully resolved.
- Create and maintain support documentation and document operational processes as related to the operations of IT Service Delivery team. Work closely with other IT staff to identify chronic problems and help document the action plan to resolve and hand over for support (e.g., user training, FAQ's, hardware fixes, software upgrades, etc.) Train peers on the resolution of common application issues.
- Participate in pre-deployment / deployment of projects and provide support, documentation and all readiness documents in preparation for transition to production and hand off to internal support groups
- Deliver exceptional customer service skills which include the passion to go above and beyond exceeding client expectations
- Produce reports as required to facilitate the work deliverables, set and measure customer service targets
- Participate in IT Service Delivery team meetings and identify outstanding issues and areas for improvement.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned
- Working in an IT environment 3-5 years in a customer service oriented role. Background in a Help Desk environment tiers 1 & 2.
- Understanding of Incident and Change Management and ability to follow Seaspan’s process, procedure standards and methodologies
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure, Business Applications, and Help Desk technology
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and related user management tasks
- Well-developed practical operating knowledge of common desktop / laptop hardware and application software specifically, Windows, MS Office Suite, iOS configuration, workstation imaging processes and print services and printers; system application, systems management, data communication including basic networking in LAN/WAN environment and remote access solutions.
- Working in an environment requiring constant and clear communications both verbal and written
- Working in a team environment and experience working cohesively with related IT teams
- Basic understanding of the project management life cycle
- Gathering information, analyzing and providing trending analysis
- Proven writing skills with the ability to organize and present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical
- College Diploma with an IT specialty or Business Administration with emphasis on communications and/or equivalent experience.
- Professional certifications such as the Help Desk Institute Customer Support Specialist (CSS), Help Desk Analyst (HDA), A+ certificate, etc.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Previous experience in shipping industry is an asset
Job Demands and/or Physical Requirements:
- Must have a valid passport with at least six months validity
- No known restrictions preventing entry into foreign countries
- Able to lift 10 kg
- Sufficient mobility to complete cabling and setup tasks
- This is a 24/7 environment and availability via mobile services outside of office hours is occasionally required
- Available to cover 7am – 4pm PST shifts, Mon-Fri in our Vancouver downtown office