Requisition ID: 43434
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Join a dynamic and fast paced Agile team working on systems that support mortgage application and fulfillment processes for the Canadian Bank.
Located in downtown Toronto, the Mortgage Application & Secured Lending Development team, in our Mortgage Rapid Labs, is responsible for ongoing development and project delivery for a suite of systems that support mortgages for the Canadian Bank.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Senior Programmer Analyst will work closely with our Product Owners and other stakeholders, help us deliver regular enhancements (CI/CD) to our systems, modernize key strategic applications and delivery high priority projects that delight customers and our business partners. The team has a number of key strategic initiatives underway to rebuild and modernize application leveraging current technologies, coding languages and practices.
- Complete the effective analysis, design, development, and implementation of mission critical, risk management and decision support systems of medium to high complexity.
- Participate and contribute to technical delivery solutions for user requirements with an integrated team of Product Owners, Developers, Testers and Business Systems Analysts.
- Interface with technical and non-technical team members on a regular basis, and contribute to identifying solutions to achieve business results
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, and maintain an understanding of the Division’s business and technology strategies.
- Provide time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment. Prioritize effectively, and managing multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have 3- 5 years of progressive hands-on technical working experience with systems analysis, programming, system integration testing (SIT), debugging & implementation. Also, contributing to the design process & aiding user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Must have an Agile & High Performance Orientation mindset. You possess a passion for contributing to, and driving teams towards high performance and take a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Must possess strong interpersonal & communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in order to interact effectively with team members and other departments, and explain/defend complex technical solutions and concepts to either a technical or business audience.
- You’re creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- An asset to have technical working experience with: Buildforge; ReactJS/AngularJS; UI/UX development & working knowledge of Public Cloud development.
- A broad understanding & knowledge of the financial industry’s products, services, market trends, and in particular, the mortgage business and application processes is an asset.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.