What You'll Do
The Director of Product is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company product. This position works closely with members of the marketing department, sales, sales support and development to ensure continuity in product offering and company goals. The Director of product is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team leader and supports the continued growth of the company.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Crisply define the target, the "what" (as opposed to the how) and manage the delivery of the "what" on time.
- Directs and manages the product management department, effectively growing and managing team members and creating an effective team culture.
- Ensures effective control of product results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of product objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Develops and manages product management operating budgets
- Oversees and evaluates product and customer research and adjusts product strategy to meet changing needs and competitive conditions.
- Directs product forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control product development programs.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Works with director of sales and marketing on plans and directs product messaging and positioning through the .
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term results.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of overall product activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional
materials, and events.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between product department and other product related units.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic product report showing current customer satisfaction ratings, length of implementations, areas for innovation, and KPI's established
Where You'll Be Working
We're located inside the BCTIA Innovation Hub at 887 Great Northern Way, in the midst of other like-minded start-ups. You'll have a chance to meet folks from other tech companies; attend any number of seminars, workshops, and information sessions that happen every week; or go for a walk at the park across the way. They've got a great cafe, and it's painless to get here from almost anywhere via public transportation, bike, or walking.
If Interested please email HR@edpsoftware.com