About the Company:
Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, who will celebrate her 45th Anniversary in 2019. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi, Sanrio was founded on the 'small gift, big smile' philosophy - that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences.
Support managers with Licensing Sales of Sanrio Brands. Assist in developing and implementing strategic direction to grow current business and seek out and secure new partnerships. Serve as key liaison between Sanrio and outside partners. Responsible for helping Sanrio meet annual licensing revenue and profit goals. Must have prior experience in a fast-paced licensing environment.
- Achieve annual sales projection.
- Support building and managing softlines, hardlines and other developing categories.
- Establish strong relationships with licensees and serve as the key day-to-day contact.
- Clearly communicate with internal cross-functional teams (e.g. creative, marketing) on special projects, retail presentations, etc.
- Key licensing contact for creative, retail, marketing and finance teams.
- Research focus categories regularly to stay up to date on current innovations, trends and competitive initiatives. Relay and present findings internally to managers. Make recommendations for new partners.
- Expedite internal processing of licensee requests to meet our sales goals and maximize each licensee's business potential.
- Ensure all timelines are met and projects are delivered complete and on time.
- Assist with tracking of product and category success and identify opportunities for growth.
- Work directly with partners on issues involving product development, branding, execution, approval status and maintaining timelines.
- Support planning and execution of trade shows and other licensee initiatives including Licensing Show and licensee summits.
- Outreach to potential new partners including cold calls.
- Create presentations and prepare sales pitches.
- Work with Legal team to facilitate contract completion and compliance.
- Draft Letter of Intent forms, One-Time Authorization requests and Amendment requests.
- Compile and update line lists and line plans for internal reference.
- Work with Finance team to gather annual and quarterly sales projections and verify quarterly sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BA (Business Administration, Marketing, Business or related field preferred) or equivalent experience and 3+ years in Consumer Products sales and/or marketing experience. Experience working in the licensing industry with licensed merchandise - softlines, hardlines, and toys is a must.
Strong organization and prioritization skills, attention to detail and analytical skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects at once. Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision. A team player, able to take direction and work professionally with others. Proficient in Excel, MS-Office, PowerPoint, Outlook. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Some overnight travel required - up to 10%.
Job Type: Full-time
- Licensing Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement