Do you enjoy developing websites and applications to meet customer needs? Do you have a strong process flow in order to meet expectations? Then this is the job for you!
The Web UX/UI Designer focuses both on UX (evaluating and improving a user experience) and UI (ensuring the flow of the web site and web applications accomplish specific tasks seamlessly). Designs intelligible Web or screen interfaces and overall functionality, ensures their fully operational through testing and other means, and enhances the member experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Tracks tasks and issues and sends status reports to team and stakeholders.
- Assists with developing proposals, plans, timelines, schedules and budgets as appropriate.
- Translates concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitates the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Designs and delivers wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identifies design flaws and devises appropriate solutions.
- Makes strategic design and user-experience decisions related to the core system and new functions and features.
- Ensures a user-centered design approach and tests and retests designs.
- Collaborates with other team members and stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires two or more years of UX design experience with expertise in standard UX and graphic design software.
- Experience designing solutions for complete digital environments highly preferred.
- Requires a strong understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Requires a solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and logically.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Researches and demonstrates knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and/or direction
- Demonstrates proficiency and through knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook applications
Physical Requirements, Reasonable Accommodation and Work Environment
All reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure a safe and functioning working environment for those individuals who will require such accommodations
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, calculator, and mouse
- Work environment is indoors; majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk
San Francisco Federal Credit Union (SFFedCU) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with federal and state laws, SFFedCU does not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, ancestry, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer or genetic characteristics), veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression, HIV/AIDS status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.