Job Opportunity: Communications and Social Media Coordinator
1-year employment contract with possibility of renewal
$39,000-$42,120 annual compensation range
For more than 30 years, Sagesse has empowered individuals, organizations and communities to break the cycle of violence by curating environments to heal and develop skills to lead safe, healthy lives. We work in more than 60 communities across Alberta – either directly providing service or partnering with agencies help deliver our programs. Our work falls into three categories; direct service programs, capacity building and education and collective impact.
Our philosophy is to engage in curious, fierce conversations and collaborations and we see this as a path to ending domestic violence.
We are seeking a Communications and Social Media Coordinator to join our team. The position requires an efficient worker with strong organization and communication skills. The successful candidate is a dependable self-starter who can juggle several tasks and projects and demonstrates versatility as part of a dynamic team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Engages in curiosity and vulnerability (Brene Brown)
- Personable and adept at building relationships
- Effective written and verbal communicator with in-depth understanding of communications principles and practices
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Post-Secondary in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations
- 2-3 years relevant experience in a communications role
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are required
- Flexibility required, responsibilities will also include some evenings and weekends outside of normal working hours
Roles & Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of communications plan and strategies
- Maintaining and strengthening Sagesse’s culture through strategic fit and appropriate tone and messaging of all communications
- Coordinate the development and production of internal and external communications materials such as brochures, newsletters, press releases, advertisements, annual reports, templates, promotional materials, etc.
- Provides editorial assistance, proof-reading and input on development of external publications to ensure a consistent agency image
- Co-ordinate marketing and promotional material in support of campaigns, including timelines, design and messaging of related promotional materials
- Coordinate communications to align with and support fund development strategy and activities
- Populate, curate, and maintain content for accounts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms as required
- Maintain a working knowledge of the pop culture social media space, including trends and new/emerging social platforms
- Ensuring content follows best practices, meets strategic priorities and adheres to Sagesse values and culture
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Carrie McManus, Director of Programs
240, 1509 Centre Street SW
Calgary, AB T2G 2E6
Closing Date: December 10, 2019
Only successful candidates will be contacted