Site Address: Leaside,10 - 14 William Morgan Drive,East York,ON,M4H 1E7
Employment Type: Full Time
Expiration Date: 17/12/2018
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director works in collaboration with the Executive Director to ensure that the overall management and operation of the Retirement Residence provides high standards of service and value to our residents within, profit and margin expectations, and in a manner consistent with Revera’s Retirement vision, mission and guiding principles.
Amidst colorful gardens and a lush ravine, Leaside is a retirement residence located in East York, Toronto that offers a comfortable and stimulating atmosphere. Leaside backs onto beautiful Taylor Creek. Our retirement home combines daily support from long-serving employees with an array of in-house and off-site activities and a wide spectrum of care.
The range of retirement living options includes 98 Independent Living suites, 126 Assisted Living suites and 64 suites for Memory Care in a secure area.
- To collaborate with the Executive Director to select, orient and monitor the performance of departmental and program managers
- To conduct annual performance appraisals in collaboration with the Executive Director
- To participate in the development of the residence annual operating and capital budgets and ensure conformance to approved budgets on an ongoing basis
- To establish residence goals and objectives in conjunction with the Executive Director and ensure that these are met within available budgetary and fiscal resources, and appropriate time frames
- To administer collective agreements on a day-to-day basis and, together with the Executive Director, represents the company in the grievance and collective bargaining process
- To share joint responsibility with the Executive Director and Director of Marketing for all sales and marketing functions of the residence to optimize occupancy;
- To conduct community and hospital outreach;
- To develop and maintain strong community relationships to maximize the availability of potential residents and to obtain feedback with regard to the services required;
- To participate in Care Conferences as required;
- To meet with resident's families to resolve issues;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Other duties as required.
- Certificate / Degree in Business, Sales, Hospitality Management, Health, and / or Social Services
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant management experience, preferably in a retirement residence, hotel, or other hospitality industry setting
- Must possess strong leadership abilities
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and key business metrics to be achieved
- Property management and maintenance experience is an asset
- Sales and marketing experience is preferred to drive superior performance/results
- Thorough understanding of effective HR practices and policies
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively supervise the activities of department managers
- Must have demonstrated sound financial knowledge and understanding of how decisions can affect/impact results (NOI, operating margins, Occupancy, REVPAS)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications)
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).