Operate school buses under all types of weather conditions including, but not limited to sun, fog, rain, sleet, hail, snow and ice. Transport students and other authorized persons on "to and from" school routes in regular, special education, vocational, or extracurricular trips as authorized by Renfrew County Bus Lines (2006) Inc., in conjunction with the Renfrew County Joint Transportation Consortium and the Consortium de Transport Scolaire D'Ottawa.
- Successfully complete school bus driver training program and courses as prescribed
- Operate the school bus in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the school bus and its special equipment.
- Maintain orderly conduct of student passengers. Report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Operate the school bus in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the policies of the Province and local boards of education.
- Conduct emergency evacuation drills as required by the RCJTC and CTSO.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with school staff, public and co-workers.
- Complete legible, accurate and required reports in the prescribed manner and on a timely basis.
- Provide maximum safety for passengers while on the bus and during loading and unloading.
- Clean and service the school bus which includes sweeping, washing, fueling, checking oil and coolant levels, etc., to the extent prescribed by Renfrew County Bus Lines (2006) Inc., and the M.T.O..
- Report needed any defects observed on the bus
- Perform other duties as directed by Renfrew County Bus Lines (2006) Inc., and the Renfrew County Joint Transportation Consortium.
- Maintain routes and schedules
- Report any hazards along the existing route to RCBL dispatch.
- The minimum age to qualify as a school bus driver is twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Commercial Driver's License in Class B.
- Good moral character.
- No addiction to the use of alcohol or drugs
- Must agree to terms of the Schedule G; Offence Declaration and Confidentiality Agreement and provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must complete a Certified Basic First Aid Course.
- Must complete the Ontario Defensive- Driving School Bus Driver Improvement Course.
- Mental and emotional stability, which ensure the normal driving competency and efficiency.
- Neat, Clean and Professional Appearance and personality. No Open Toed Sandals
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 to $17.50 /hour
- G License: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Do you have a "B" License (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)
- English, (French also would be a benefit) (Preferred)