RapidSOS is hiring! Join a rapidly growing advanced emergency technology start-up in solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation:
* The Challenge: 911 was built 50 years ago for a landline system and has seen limited change since. The result is 250M 911 calls a year are managed with essentially voice only. Watch John Oliver discuss the challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XlyB_QQYs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XlyB_QQYs)
* RapidSOS Tech: Partnering with Internet of Things (IoT) companies and the public safety community, RapidSOS provides a rich data link to public safety, sending lifesaving data to aid in emergency response
* Media/Awards: Won most major start-up awards (including Start-Up of the Year by CTA/CES & Top Innovation of 2015 by MIT) and featured across national media (WIRED (https://www.wired.com/story/apple-ios-12-911-feature-will-save-lives/) , WSJ (http://www.wsj.com/articles/startup-seeks-to-solve-911s-biggest-riddle-pinpointing-cellphone-callers-1493112780) ,TechCrunch (https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/29/uber-adds-911-assistance-to-rider-app/) , NYT (https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/business/smallbusiness/a-lifesaving-smartphone-app-inspired-by-a-brush-with-tragedy.html) , Time (http://time.com/4470549/emergency-gadgets/) , Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/17/clock-begins-ticking-911-system-improvements-319553.html) , etc.)
* Team: MIT, HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Argonne & Oak Ridge National Labs, Bell Labs, venture capital, over 40 tech start-ups
* Investors: $32M of capital raised from preeminent global investors including several top VCs, Microsoft, and former leadership of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Lucent, Raytheon, and three former FCC Chairmen
Watch the RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video (https://youtu.be/ZWW40iN47D0)
What this Role is About:
As Network Operations Center lead, you will work to uphold and maintain the reliability of the RapidSOS platform. We are looking for a candidate with a strong Operations background to ensure the continual monitoring and analysis of a dynamic cloud-based environment. At a high level, this candidate will have a solid understanding of incident & alert management with an eye to continuous monitoring and improvement via automation.
What you'll do if chosen for this role
* Hands-on assistance improving the functionality and scalability of 24x7 Network Operations On-Call work
* Manage scheduled on-call rotations and integrations in OpsGenie
* Create documented workflows for Incident Management, implement automated workflows in JIRA, and train staff
* Coordinate with a development team to optimize, make recommendations, and write "runbooks" for application/infrastructure monitoring
* Assess any gaps in monitoring as well as perform changes to Datadog alerting
* Analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) proactively and alerting staff vs "fighting fires"
* Implement quarterly production "fire drills" to ensure escalation process is always functioning as expected
* Automate many of the processes above via high level programming/scripting (Python/BASH)
* Technical background in operating a 24x7 mission critical IT environment
* Experience building and operating a Network Operations Center (NOC)
* Experience owning and working hands on with an enterprise monitoring tools such as Datadog (or Nagios)
* Experience working with AWS
What We Offer:
* The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
* Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
* Dynamic, fun work environment with a highly talented team
* Flexible startup work environment and a fun atmosphere
* Rapid growth opportunities
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list (http://rapidsos.com/press/) !
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.