Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 10 years the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise has been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for 3D Printer Technician – someone who loves technology, and who is a strong communicator, comfortable providing technical training to clients.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with a long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
3D Printer Technician
Today we’re looking for a new 3D printer tech, based North East U.S.A., to serve our growing customer base in that area.
Your goal in this position is great customer relationships built on technical expertise and service.
Most of the time you’ll be on the road, visiting customers, and providing installations, training and customer support for Stratasys 3D Printers and Dental Mills. Other times, you’ll work from your home office, calling on existing and former customers to check on their service agreements or encourage them to renew.
When you uncover significant sales opportunities, our sales team will be there to back you up. In the same way, when the sales or engineering teams need your technical expertise, you’ll be their go-to person.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role working from home and on the road. Most travel will be within the Northeast region of the U.S.A. You’ll be compensated by a competitive base salary, commensurate with your experience.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
* It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
* The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
* And we enjoy a positive, up-beat, casual culture
The best printer techs are mechanically inclined; some come from mechanical engineering programs and others have the technical aptitude to learn on the job. In either case, no amount of education and experience is enough if you can’t tighten a bolt or reassemble a machine. The best techs are also good with people and service-oriented.
Specifically, we hope you will apply if you have these qualifications:
* A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
* Ability to travel within the North East Region U.S.A.
* Mechanical engineering technology or equivalent diploma/degree (an asset)
* General mechanical experience an asset
* Strong technical skills (mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, IT)
* Ability to troubleshoot and effectively resolve technical issues
* Knowledge of rapid prototyping, 3D laser scanning and reverse engineering
* Digital Dental Knowledge would be an asset
* Stratasys Polyjet Desktop experience would be an asset
* Stratasys technical training experience would be an asset
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work within tight deadlines
* Organized and detail oriented
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.