Working together with our Data Scientist and R&D teams, you will apply Machine Learning to help get things done. As part of a vibrant and growing team, you will be at the forefront of the AI revolution!
- Working with a team of data scientists, product managers, and software engineers to develop and support the software for new Machine Learning products.
- Develop computer algorithms with a top-notch R&D development team.
- Analyze and improve existing algorithms using by increasing efficiency, profiling, memory locality.
- Explore and research new methods for future product development.
- Be a key component in creating a product that is ensured to be the future of our marketplace.
- 3+ years hands-on industry work experience designing and building large-scale data, machine learning, and analytics applications and pipelines that are well-designed, cleanly coded, well-documented, operationally stable, and timely delivered.
- 5+ years total Machine Learning experience, including years of academic research
- Experience with R, Python data analysis libraries (pandas, sklearn, numpy, scipy, and matplotlib), and Spark MLlib.
- Experience with tensorflow or other backends, keras or other frameworks, scikit-learn, OpenCV, Pandas.
- Proficiency with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, and SQL.
- Solid software engineering skills, with proficiency in Python and experience with Scala, Java, C/C++.
- Knowledge of NEON/SSE and vector processing.
- Knowledge of GPU programming (e.g.GLSL).
- Enjoy working in a self-organizing team environment.
- Think bigger and further than the solution appears to require.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and communications skills in spoken and written English.
- Fast learner, high capacity for abstract thinking and structured approach to work.
- The will to learn new things and bring in new ideas to fruition.
- MS / D. in Computer Science or related field.
About working with Prophix…“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.